Page 14 of 41 FirstFirst ... 1012131415161828 ... LastLast

Thread: Under the Radar SNES/Genesis Games

1. Turrican music is beastly.

I think I have Super Turrican or something for the SNES. The gameplay kind of sucks, but it's worth playing for the music.

2. Quote Originally Posted by bVork View Post
    Gauntlet IV
    It contains both a near arcade perfect version of Gauntlet II as well as a "quest mode" that has you level up, explore a large interconnected series of dungeon levels, and buy items.

Bubble and Squeak
    Cute puzzle-platformer.
    Gauntlet 4 looks interesting, I used to play the Gauntlet games on the NES as a kid all the time. Bubble and Squeak looks right up my alley too! I'll add that one to the buy list. Thanks for the rec!

3. Another thing I'm kind of curious about, because I'm very particular when it comes to organizing my game collections. Did most of the Genesis games come in a card board box like the SNES, or were most of them in a Snap Case? If so, which came first, the snap case or the cardboard boxes? Is it like how the Dreamcast started with White spines and then changed to black spines for their jewel cases?

4. Originally the genesis games came in the awesome plastic shell cases. Towards the end of line, they switched to the god awful cardboard boxes. Im pretty sure people have made custom inserts for those games though which you can print out and put into the shells. Pretty nifty.
    Super Nintendo were always cardboard and as a result, it's much more difficult (and in some cases-no pun intended- much more expensive) to find snes games CIB in good shape

Quote Originally Posted by Mzo View Post
    ...Art of Fighting.....bad fighting game
    You, sir, have stained my honor. I demand satisfaction.

I use Universal Game Cases for all my SNES games now, and print covers from thecoverproject.net. Fuck trying to get complete SNES games. I also do as SSJN says and use spare Genny cases for the former cardboard box Genesis games, and UGC's for 32x stuff.

7. Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    Originally the genesis games came in the awesome plastic shell cases. Towards the end of line, they switched to the god awful cardboard boxes. Im pretty sure people have made custom inserts for those games though which you can print out and put into the shells. Pretty nifty.
    Super Nintendo were always cardboard and as a result, it's much more difficult (and in some cases-no pun intended- much more expensive) to find snes games CIB in good shape
    Yes, the Genesis cardboard cases seem really shitty, and it's hard to find complete SNES games in good condition, for a good price.

Quote Originally Posted by GohanX View Post
    I use Universal Game Cases for all my SNES games now, and print covers from thecoverproject.net. Fuck trying to get complete SNES games. I also do as SSJN says and use spare Genny cases for the former cardboard box Genesis games, and UGC's for 32x stuff.

Oh cool. Thanks for showing me that cover project site. It's kind of a pain in the ass to track down boxes for SNES games, and this will end up saving me some money!

8. Don't get Knights of the Round. I just played that piece of shit today on the Capcom Classic Collection 2. Lazy enemy/boss design, and the controls are crap.

Shame that some great backgrounds and a sweet soundtrack are wasted on a mediocre game.

Yoshi's right PC Engine needs a mention

Neutopia
    Cosmic Fantasy 2
    Ninja Spirit

10. Quote Originally Posted by Korian View Post
    Yoshi's right PC Engine needs a mention

Neutopia
    Cosmic Fantasy 2
    Ninja Spirit
    I'm probably going to stick to Genesis and SNES for now....BUT, what would you guys say is a reasonable price to pay for a PC Engine or Neo Geo off of Ebay?