Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Scalebound (XBO)

1. Scalebound (XBO)

Platinum with the silly Japanese name. Hell fucking yeah.

2. Hmm not too sure what to make of it, seems like a mix of Monster Hunter and DMC but the One is definitely getting a good amount of action exclusives compared to last gen.

3. Hard to discern much from the trailer, aside from scales. For now, I'll trust in Platinum. Vanquish was one of the best designed games I ever played.
    "Fiends! Animals! Bastards!"

4. Quote Originally Posted by Prince Planet View Post
    Hard to discern much from the trailer, aside from scales. For now, I'll trust in Platinum. Vanquish was one of the best designed games I ever played.
    The Vanquish team spun off into a separate company (Tango, the people making Evil Within) right after Vanquish was completed.

Still the rest of Platinum earns some good faith too. Nothing about this grabs me right now,though, but we haven't seen much.

5. Also directed by Hideki Kamiya himself, so that pretty much makes it a day one purchase for me.

http://platinumgames.com/2014/06/10/...ce-scalebound/

6. Quote Originally Posted by Frogacuda View Post
    The Vanquish team spun off into a separate company (Tango, the people making Evil Within) right after Vanquish was completed.

Still the rest of Platinum earns some good faith too. Nothing about this grabs me right now,though, but we haven't seen much.
    It's been interesting to see Platinum get shopped around by big publishers with Metal Gear Rising, Wonderful 101/Bayonetta, and now Scalebound. Didn't know about the Tango offshoot studio but provided Evil Within fares well that'll be another Japanese game studio worth keeping eyes on.

Shinji Mikami (aka the guy whose shoes Kamiya shines) runs Tango. It was worth watching the day it was formed.

8. Going from one of the best balls-out action games ever to a slower, clumsier stealth horror setup, however, certainly gives reason for pause.

Scalebound (PC, One)

Somehow this didn't seem to have its own thread.

UWP needs to add mod support quickly so that character design can be modded out.