Page 14 of 50 FirstFirst ... 1012131415161828 ... LastLast

Thread: Do Any of You Think?

1. Old me looks at young me and thinks that he spent too much time thinking about these things. Slightly older, less young me started living by example on all the things he believed, and things were awesome. Old me does less of that, which is disappointing, but also understands something that dick-swinging on forums won't accomplish:

If you believe in something, live by it. Talk is cheap and the more time you spend yammering as if you're 'solving' the world's problems, the less time you devote to living by your own edicts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan View Post
    Careful. We're talking about games here. Fun isn't part of it.

2. Hero just called out the trolls and said sup.

3. Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    I have free will. Fuck you, faggot.
    No,you were forced to say that due to the excess of testosterone present in your body and other such hormones promoting confrontational behavior and also because you were raised to believe in it and or be partial to the idea of free will. Of course there are many other reasons but these are just a few. Faggot.

ITT: we get life lessons form a 19 year old.

5. If it was a life lesson it might actually be worthwhile. It's a pretty worthless debate as it won't change any of our lives...

6. Quote Originally Posted by nocturne View Post
    No,you were forced to say that due to the excess of testosterone present in your body and other such hormones promoting confrontational behavior and also because you were raised to believe in it and or be partial to the idea of free will. Of course there are many other reasons but these are just a few. Faggot.
    Goddamnit, I love nocturne. I'll ask again: bring back your sly banana avatar, pretty pls.

7. Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    I have free will. Fuck you, faggot.
    But your freedom isn't free.

Any event is either random, caused, or some combination of random and caused (Just as everything is blue, not blue or some combination, or indeed any pair of binary exclusive terms I put in that sentence). Either way, you don't have a say in it.

It's not so much that we lack free will as much as it is that free will isn't even a real coherent concept. It doesn't exist in the sense that corners of circles don't exist.
    Last edited by Frogacuda; 03 Oct 2010 at 10:15 PM.

8. Jesus Christ.

9. There's a dude who had his whole life mapped out for him whether he damn well liked it or not.

10. Quote Originally Posted by kingoffighters View Post
    Jesus Christ.
    for real.
    I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me.