Page 9 of 471 FirstFirst ... 578910111323 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Toy Thread

1. Wondering if anyone else has seen the new Mattel DC toys. They basically ape the Marvel Legends line (even has a build-a-figure, Metamorpho). I saw Etrigan and Batman at Target the other day, and want to pick up the rest. There's also Penguin, Orion, and Red Tornado. I'd say the sculpts are closer to the Toy Biz Marvel figures than the horrid Hasbro ones. I like how they are using lesser known characters as well. You can only use so many Supermans and Wonder Womans.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	batman-mattel.jpg 
Views:	218 
Size:	35.8 KB 
ID:	29978  

2. Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    Wondering if anyone else has seen the new Mattel DC toys. They basically ape the Marvel Legends line (even has a build-a-figure, Metamorpho). I saw Etrigan and Batman at Target the other day, and want to pick up the rest. There's also Penguin, Orion, and Red Tornado. I'd say the sculpts are closer to the Toy Biz Marvel figures than the horrid Hasbro ones. I like how they are using lesser known characters as well. You can only use so many Supermans and Wonder Womans.
    I saw them pop up last week. Batman was cool, but there weren't enough figures to draw my interest into collecting them. I wish they were the same scale as the Marvel Legend figures, but of course the Mattel DC figures are taller.

3. Actually, there only being a few figures is one of the things attracting me to it. When Toy biz released the twelve figure giant man Wal-mart exclusive set is when I lost interest in that line. I much prefer wasting a little of my time hunting down a few figures to complete a set, rather than wasting a lot of time hunting down a ton of figures.

4. I can agree with the jackass shipments to track down the Marvel figures. I'm still short the Rachel Grey Marvel Girl figure in the Brood Queen set (I want both versions, but I'll settle for regular if I can't find the Captian Marvel color variant)

5. That's what I don't get about these toy manufacturers. I can understand having various quantities of certain characters that are just single figure packs. Obviously Wolverine will sell more than D-Man, but with these build a figure sets; do they not realize that their number one customer is old men that want a whole set. By short packing certain figures, the only ones making money are the eBayers.

6. I hate that build-a-figure bullshit. Making people buy shit characters like Beta Ray Bill and Morph if they want Galactus is jackassery of the highest calibur.

7. Quote Originally Posted by Bacon McShig View Post
    buy shit characters like Beta Ray Bill .

FUCK YOU!

8. Quote Originally Posted by Bacon McShig View Post
    I hate that build-a-figure bullshit. Making people buy shit characters like Beta Ray Bill and Morph if they want Galactus is jackassery of the highest calibur.
    Wait, is that AoA Morph? If so:

FUCK YOU!

Also, I heard there's an AoA Sunfire figure coming. Did this already happen? I want to see this. Also to buy this. And build-a-figures can eat a dick because I usually want them but none of the other figures in the line.

9. I want to say AoA Sunspot hasn't happened yet. I usually only get a couple of the BaF characters in each Marvel line. I did want Onslaught, but didn't feel like buying in to it after most had come and gone. I did do Mojo, but I wanted several of the figures. I worked my ass off for the Sentinel, but that one is just damn awesome. Brood Queen is the first in a while for me to try and finish.

10. Wave 1 is okay; I wish they'd make a variant Bats with a grey and black costume. Waves two and three are gonna fucking RULE. Hal and Sinestro Corps variant Sinestro FTW. Harley FTW. Superman Red and Blue FTMFLOL.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	02_Hal_Jordan.jpg 
Views:	198 
Size:	33.4 KB 
ID:	29987   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	05_Sinestro.jpg 
Views:	195 
Size:	34.2 KB 
ID:	29988   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	harleyquinn.jpg 
Views:	211 
Size:	94.3 KB 
ID:	29989   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	nightwingandrobin.jpg 
Views:	218 
Size:	21.0 KB 
ID:	29990  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	supermanblue.jpg 
Views:	194 
Size:	98.5 KB 
ID:	29991   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	supermanred.jpg 
Views:	198 
Size:	109.2 KB 
ID:	29992   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DCUC3Sinestro_Corps_Var.jpg 
Views:	203 
Size:	28.0 KB 
ID:	29993  

Quote Originally Posted by Gohron View Post
    I like doing stuff with animals and kids