Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 24567810 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 NFL

1. Weather had a lot to do with that. The Pats decided that they were going to run the ball 4 times in a row, and succeeded, while Dallas wouldn’t commit to it, even when they were having success with it. It wasn’t passing weather.

That late in the game, a bs call like tripping is uncalled for. Seriously, WTF?!
    Last edited by gamevet; 24 Nov 2019 at 07:42 PM.

2. I think that decision to pass on 3-1 had more to do with it. Shades of Pete Carroll there.

3. That only costed Dallas 3. The blocked punt led to 7 points for the Pats. Outside of that, the Pats offense looked just an inept as that of Dallas. The rain and wind wasn't helping either of them.
    Last edited by gamevet; 24 Nov 2019 at 08:40 PM.

4. Pats defense had no trouble at all. 0 TDs allowed, 0 catches for 0 yards by Cooper, blocked punt. Dallas was simply outplayed on defense.

5. Hmmm, Dallas had just as many 1st downs and yards as the Pats. The blocked punt was the difference maker in this game. And, Dallas did convert that 3rd down that would have put them at the 38,before that phantom tripping call made it 3rd and then 4th and long. That call was a game changer in such a tight game.

In other news....The Panthers won a pass interference challenge against the Saints. Peyton must have been fuming over that.
    Last edited by gamevet; 25 Nov 2019 at 02:43 PM.

6. I disagree. The call may have been bogus, but it wasn't as much a game changer as the blocked punt, 0 TDs, 0 catches from Cooper, and the Cowboy's inability to convert on 4th down. It's not the refs fault the #1 rated offense scored only 3 field goals.

7. Lamar Jackson is indeed amazing, but he's really one good hit from becoming the next Robert Griffen III. He simply shouldn't have to run so much. If his receivers could actually get open, Jackson could pass, but instead he has to extend plays by putting himself at risk.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Melf View Post
    I disagree. The call may have been bogus, but it wasn't as much a game changer as the blocked punt, 0 TDs, 0 catches from Cooper, and the Cowboy's inability to convert on 4th down. It's not the refs fault the #1 rated offense scored only 3 field goals.
    Fair enough, but I honestly don't believe that Dallas has the number 1 offense. That offense looked and played a hell of a lot better last season, where they usually put up points in the 1st quarter and didn't have to make up ground like they do this season.

Yeah, that game was won by the Pats special teams. I won't deny that. But any chance the Cowboys had of making a comeback was killed with that penalty.

Jason Garrett will probaby be gone after this season. Their failure on special teams has been really bad this season, and their inability to make adjustments to what the other team's defense if giving them is inexcusable.
    Last edited by gamevet; 25 Nov 2019 at 10:54 PM.

9. The Cowboys defense fucking sucks!

10. Jerry literally had his head in his hands during the game, but he still refuses to fire Garrett.