Page 119 of 120 FirstFirst ... 105115117118119120 LastLast
Results 1,181 to 1,190 of 1192

Thread: Battlefield: Bad Company 2

1. Quote Originally Posted by Error View Post
    hastings is good. the rest...not so much. in fact i only play hastings conquest on vietnam, if i choose to play nam.
    This is so true. I can play Hastings for hours but only feel so so about the other maps. At 600 points though, its a steal.

2. Im really surprised yall dont like Vietnam more. My crew has been playing that pretty much exclusively since xmas.

Nam has much better/more simplified weapon balance, the Nam tank battles take actual skill because (unlike vanilla) your aim is greatly altered if youre hit with a tank shell, maps with every vehicle, and (this is a big one) NO invincible circle strafing chopper whores like the ones that flood vanilla. Some of yall PC BC2ers here might not be aware, in Vanilla BC2 you can do a circle strafe chopper manuever only on consoles - its makes them practically invincible unless you can get a lucky hit with a Gustav. The AA is useless.

Phu Bai and Hastings destroy every vanilla Conquest map by miles (much closer to classic style Battlefield CQ and very similar to 1943 maps). Temple and Hill 137 are clearly no good for CQ but they are awesome Rush maps. BC2 in general tho is designed with Rush in mind first - and every single Vietnam Rush map is awesome. Had epic epic epic Rush battles on 137 and Vantage Point.

Speaking of, I like Rush and all but BF3 better be more focused on Conquest...
    Last edited by Destro777; 01 Apr 2011 at 10:25 AM.
    NowPlaying: Battlefield series . DarkSouls . MGS collection . Cap+SNK fighters . AceCombat series . ArmoredCore series

3. You're actually making me want to boot up Vietnam tonight...
    2 GET GUD @ OVERWATCH + SWIGGITYSIX#1322

4. Don't worry, once you boot up Vietnam that urge will pass and you'll quickly want to get back to Vanilla.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Error View Post
    Don't worry, once you boot up Vietnam that urge will pass and you'll quickly want to get back to Vanilla.
    Boo. Vietnam is a lot of fun.

Playing with Destro and Tizni on BC2 from Singapore wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be. The voice chats broke up here and there, but otherwise, it was a good experience. I'm definitely in Saturday nights EST, since that's Sunday morning over here. Friday nights EST are a maybe, but I'll be able to commit to playing this once a week as long as I don't have to work on Sunday.
    R.I.P. Paragon Studios

6. Quote Originally Posted by Destro777 View Post
    I must say im not too impressed with the BF3 art from that GameInformer cover - looks just like BC2's but BC2's looks 10x better.

Also looking into the GI BF3 website, it has this for features:
    "Online Multiplayer: Competitive: 64-Player (PC) 24-Player (Console)"
    If thats true - fuck the console version. DICE claimed in the past for 43 and BC2 it was all the consoles bandwidth restrictions and not necessarily tech. What the fuck are we paying MS xbl for if they restrict bandwidth that much? Might be time to jump out of the xbox scene for good.

I might be speaking too soon though - we'll see tomorrow.
    Do it, you won't look back.

7. Well I'm always looking for a reason to play BC2. If anyone's on my Steam friend list and I see you playing it, then I'll likely hop in.

Crysis 2 MP is slick but seems to hectic/chaotic to be a mainstay for me, even on the larger maps. I like that there's basically a "front" to BC2 battles, whereas in Crysis everyone randomly spawns everywhere. Strategy comes down to "looking in the right direction at the right time so you don't get shot in the back" quite often.
    2 GET GUD @ OVERWATCH + SWIGGITYSIX#1322

8. Quote Originally Posted by Proto Man View Post
    Crysis 2 MP is slick but seems to hectic/chaotic to be a mainstay for me, even on the larger maps. I like that there's basically a "front" to BC2 battles, whereas in Crysis everyone randomly spawns everywhere. Strategy comes down to "looking in the right direction at the right time so you don't get shot in the back" quite often.
    This sums up Call of Duty too even in the objective modes. In deathmatch, random spawning is ok I guess - in objectives, hell no. There is no flow to anything. Half the fun of Battlefield is trying to predict where the enemy will be attacking from or what base theyll be moving towards - based off how your particular round is unfolding. Tactics yo.
    Last edited by Destro777; 03 Apr 2011 at 06:39 PM.
    NowPlaying: Battlefield series . DarkSouls . MGS collection . Cap+SNK fighters . AceCombat series . ArmoredCore series

9. So did you know that Microsoft puts a maximum limit on patch size? Im not talking about limiting the size of the small auto updates - but the size of all the patches over its lifetime. BC2 has a 1+ GB patch already. Anyways, DICE couldnt patch BC2 again if they wanted to because they are maxed out on "MS patch size allowed". This is total bullshit and all the more reason to drop LIVE. New PC savings account: enabled.

From a DICE dev's twitter:
    Gustav Halling
    @L0Ki85 @kirbygtr Removing OOB without updating client would result in the minimap showing correct. And we reached the MS patch size allowed

10. Quote Originally Posted by Proto Man View Post
    Well I'm always looking for a reason to play BC2. If anyone's on my Steam friend list and I see you playing it, then I'll likely hop in.
    You should add me :3 BC2 name: SteamPoweredCat