Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 234568 ... LastLast

Thread: Ghosts, Paranormal, Etc. - Do You Believe?

1. Quote Originally Posted by arjue View Post
    Nothing paranormal exists.

2. Quote Originally Posted by Calliander View Post
    Was this just a casual date? I would let a girl know right away about such a serious personality flaw. That's actually a Cliff's Notes for me with chicks. If they talk about ghosts or God or other supernatural stuff and I don't call them on it, they should know they're in the friend zone.
    It was nothing serious, but don't think I won't move on a girl I don't really like.

I believe there is room within science for "ghosts" to exist through a concept such as conservation of energy. Living people give off electrical energy. When the person dies, it seems plausible that an especially powerful charge could manifest itself in odd ways.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Opaque View Post
    I don't believe in Fairy Tales.
    like the bible? me either.
    "Remember, not knowing how to cook is like not knowing how to fuck."
    Geek in the Desert

5. Ghosts are more real than Biff.

But seriously though.

Do you believe in ghosts?

I do.

Famed ghost hunter and parapsychologist Hans Holzer defines a ghost as a spirit that has gotten stuck in the physical world but is not part of the physical world. He also makes a distinction between a ghost and a haunting. A haunting is a ‘psychic imprint, an imprint on the atmosphere, which is energy like a television picture that is stuck in time.

To the average person it looks exactly the same as a ghost. If it were observed exactly alike at the same time in the same place and a number of witnesses have reported identical experiences, then you probably have an imprint.

HOLY FUCK FREDDY KRUEGER!

IT'S SO RAEL!

6. Quote Originally Posted by youandwhosearmy View Post
    Yes
    Last edited by Mr-K; 02 Oct 2008 at 07:44 PM.

7. Quote Originally Posted by arjue View Post
    Nothing paranormal exists.
    Nor anything supernatural.
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Holliday View Post
    K3V is awesome!

8. I can see dead people. Shit fucks me up in ways you can't imagine....
    "To improve is to change; to be perfect is to change often." -- Winston Churchill

9. I don't think about it but I also don't rule it out.

Dan: I had a dream about this place.
    Herb: Oh, boy.
    Dan: See what I mean?
    Herb: Okay, so you had a dream about this place. Tell me.
    Dan: Well, it's the second one I've had, but they're both the same. They start out that I'm in here, but it's not day or night. It's kind of half-night, you know? But it looks just like this, except for the light. And
    [shaking his head]
    Dan: I'm scared like I can't tell you. Of all people, you're standing right over there, by that counter. You're in both dreams and you're scared. I get even more frightened when I see how afraid you are and then I realize what it is. There's a man... in back of this place. He's the one who's doing it. I can see him through the wall. I can see his face. I hope that I never see that face, ever, outside of a dream.
    [He looks down and shakes his head again, clearly terrified of the memory, and sniffs, as though close to tears]
    Dan: [Herb cocks his head, waiting for more. The music becomes increasingly ominous]
    Dan: That's it.
    Herb: So, you came to see if he's out there.
    Dan: [leans in] To get rid of this god-awful feeling.

10. Quote Originally Posted by Type Ryan View Post
    I can see dead people. Shit fucks me up in ways you can't imagine....
    Uhh...what?

And let's hear some stories Jetman!