Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Computer started rebooting

New gpu is next on the list i guess
    Last edited by JBNagis; 27 Jun 2017 at 10:29 PM.

2. That is way too hot for a GPU at idle. Have you used a program like Afterburner, or EVGA Precision X to adjust the fan speed of you GPU?

You're about to be in for a rude awakening on the GPU front. Cryptocurrency miners are snatching up all of the top end AMD cards and Nvidia GPUs like the 1060 and 1070. The prices are going up big time.

I know. I went into best buy and he said the exact same thing.buying dozens at a time.

Funny enought gpuz said fan speed was at 100%. It got to 102 and thats when it shut down. Gpu was burning to the touch. There is a pretty good comp store u. Tucson. Thing is i want the asus rog 6gig. I dont think they have em. Amazon is probably my best best

U were right about the heatsink. Pain in the ass i have access to the mobo back plate. But still had to take the mobo out. The lower screws werent accessible. Not enough room to actually secure it in

5. Yeah, it's my least favorite thing about doing a build.

I'd suggest using MSI Afterburner to manually set the fans of your GPU of 70%. Maybe that will help for now.
    Last edited by gamevet; 27 Jun 2017 at 10:50 PM.

Welp.EVGA Superclocked 1060 6gig is ordered. Hope this does the trick

1060 delivered
    Installed
    DOOM at ULTRA and a smooth steady 60fps..

god dam

8. nice to see occam still pulls it off

im just happy my pc is working again. going to expand my memory to 16gig and get a hdd and im good until i decide to upgrade. thanks everyone for all the help. i appreciate it.

10. Sucks that you had to buy three different things before finding the culprit, but it sounds like you'd planned to upgrade some of that stuff anyways. Glad you're back up and running.