Page 14 of 403 FirstFirst ... 1012131415161828 ... LastLast

Thread: Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3

1. Quote Originally Posted by AaronChance View Post
    It's not pre-rendered when early on the trailer says its in-game footage. Plus, never said gameplay, but the 3D characters are very clearly moving only on a 2D plane. I think Capcom is trying to tell you something there, but what could that possibly be?
    It does not say it's in-game footage. Read it again.

It may be running on the game engine, but that was not in-game footage (they had an artsy intro sequence on SFIV too). Maybe we're looking at shitty cell-shaded 2.5D for this game based on the trailer. But we have no idea how it will play yet. But really who cares. 2D sprites or GTFO

What the fuck was with the shading in that trailer? I hope that's not indicative of what they're bringing to the table. Because it was fucking awful. Lets hope it's too early for it to represent exactly what they're doing.
    Last edited by Drewbacca; 20 Apr 2010 at 11:05 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

2. Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    Yes. A five-year development cycle if you want something that doesn't look like utter shit.
    Fixed.

3. So unless somebody higher in the Capcom pecking order pulls rank over it, it won't happen.
    I could see someone just telling him to STFU. Dante's probably going to be in the game. I'd be surprised if that blonde guy from RE 5 and Viewtiful Joe didn't show up, too.
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

4. I don't care how long it takes. I've already waited pretty long. To get it right would be worth the wait.

5. I agree. This is like... this is for hardcore gamers. People who play Halo and MW2 probably won't even know about it, let alone the Wii crowd. So just work on it and give us some proper art for the game because it looks slick and it's what everyone wants to buy. When people think about MvC3 there isn't one human being alive that pictured a 3D game in their head. Whether it's 2.5D with bad shading or art it doesn't matter. I'm not going to write the game off yet, because that would be fucking retarded. But the outlook is not great from the looks of that trailer.

Queue the sound of a giant balloon deflating slow and pathetically.

6. Everyone thought Street Fighter IV would be aimed at the hardcore players since we've been clamoring for it for years. Yet we got a piece of shit aimed at the lowest common denominator. I can't see them fucking it up if they stick with what has already worked. If they include some dumb shit to make it easier for newbies to pick it up I will kill.

7. Quote Originally Posted by Drewbacca
    I agree. This is like... this is for hardcore gamers. People who play Halo and MW2 probably won't even know about it, let alone the Wii crowd.
    yeah man the mass market won't have any interest in a game where wolverine can fight spider-man, that's so niche
    When people think about MvC3 there isn't one human being alive that pictured a 3D game in their head.
    Sure there is. They're called 'realists'.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Bacon McShig View Post
    yeah man the mass market won't have any interest in a game where wolverine can fight spider-man, that's so niche
    MvC2 is still the most played fighter even though tons of players are pros. The new game being made 3D won't change that.

JILL
    IS
    NOT
    SHITTY

She is a member of S.T.A.R.S. FYI
    HA! HA! I AM USING THE INTERNET!!1
    My Backloggery

10. Quote Originally Posted by Bacon McShig View Post
    Because the Rise of the Imperfects sold so well. People want gritty soldiers aimlessly running around shooting each other on maps over XBL, or space marine's fighting aliens. There may be some appeal to the masses, but the hardcore players are going to drive the grassroots sales of this game and spread word of mouth. The fall off and appeal of fighting games is hit or miss. Everyone loves Marvel and Street Fighter, so we'll see. But after they just bought SFIV to the teeth the market may be tapped.

Sure there is. They're called 'realists'.
    No. Not even realists wanted to picture it.