Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Computer started rebooting

Ill try that sedition. I have hw monitor. Ill get gpu z. I saw one called furburner or something. Its a gpu stress test. Is that any good

2. He needs to monitor CPU and GPU temps, along with voltage levels.

I have the feeling that his CPU heatsink might not be making good contact.

well im getting a gpu next. so i mind as well get a new heatsink along with ti for the cpu. looks like ill just replace parts until it starts doing what its supposed to be doing. i put forth my problem to the ironside store, whom built my comp for me. and they came up with the same conclusion. its the cpu not cooling properly.i gratly appreciate the help. actually getting in and changing out my psu made me realize building a pc isn't as daunting as i though it was.

4. psu is the hardest part usually.
    look here, upon a sig graveyard.

5. Installing the CPU cooler is the hardest part, especially some of the water cooler brackets. Never buy a PC case that doesn't allow access to the back of the motherboard socket, because you'll be taking your whole computer apart every time you need to work on the cooler, or upgrade the CPU.

6. Usually, things that short out the mother board fail to POST. I wonder if it's a heat/expansion issue where a screw that's screwed on too tightly shorts the board after getting hot.

7. Quote Originally Posted by Nei View Post
    Usually, things that short out the mother board fail to POST. I wonder if it's a heat/expansion issue where a screw that's screwed on too tightly shorts the board after getting hot.
    That is very unlikely. Intel CPUs will shut down once they hit 100c. He could go into his UEFI bios to see what CPU temps he is getting at idle. If it's above 35c, it's most definitely a heat sink issue.

I completely disassembled and cleaned a PS3 that a friend had broken the Blu-Ray drive on the system. I didn't blob on enough thermal paste, and the console would shut down after about 15 minutes.

well i get my hyper 212 evo on tuesday. ill put that in and we'll see how it goes. the fan i have now i know isn't cutting it. the connection isn't tight at all. no matter how hard i try and get it flush. friggin gpu was burning to the touch the last time i tested it to see if it was okay after i cleaned it. hopefully this does it. after this and my new gpu, if its still doing it....im at a loss

9. Quote Originally Posted by JBNagis View Post
    Ill try that sedition. I have hw monitor. Ill get gpu z. I saw one called furburner or something. Its a gpu stress test. Is that any good
    The test is called Furmark, and it is way beyond the extreme usage you'll encounter in game GPU usage. Use GPU-Z and the graphics test it has for checking out your PCI-E rating.

Whelp..... New psu. New heatsink. Still cutting off. Ran DOOM with hwm And gpuz running. CPU idle at 31c. Got to 37c on boot up of DOOM. steady temp of 30 to 32c. Gpu idle at 69c. Cut off at 101c