Page 14 of 68 FirstFirst ... 1012131415161828 ... LastLast

Thread: Coffee

1. This is a good point.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

2. Quote Originally Posted by Advocate View Post
    Stormy, do you have a Burr grinder? If so which one ... I am looking into getting one.
    I don't have one yet. I've been checking craigs list and ebay to get one on the cheap but haven't found a deal so far.

The things are fricken expensive. It sounds like the least you can spend is $150 if you want a "real" one for espresso. I'm using pre-ground for now. My first bag my gf brought me from Isreal, and that was awesome. I ran out and yesterday I picked up the blue can of Lavazza and it's only ok. I'm hoping for a good deal soon so I can have the fresh stuff.

3. My friend who loves coffee loves this one ...

Cuisinart Burr Grinder
    Last edited by Advocate; 18 Aug 2008 at 10:20 PM.
    I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me.

4. Going by what I read those are good for coffee but you won't get fine enough, and you won't get the adjustment necessary for a good espresso. How true that is, I don't know. It might just be anal retentive coffee geeks.

5. As an everyday studio standard, my favorite drip-coffee is just a supermarket-brand Colombian roast, ground at said supermarket. Send the intern! No fuss no muss. I don't know what it was, but the "Kroger's" in Atlanta had the best shit going.

Someone at the current studio got roped into this horrible fucking coffee "subscription" from this local somethingoranother company. I'm going to start taking up a collection to get better stuff if I have to. That shit is rotted in the bag, I swear. Every cup is hell.

6. Quote Originally Posted by stormy View Post
    Going by what I read those are good for coffee but you won't get fine enough, and you won't get the adjustment necessary for a good espresso. How true that is, I don't know. It might just be anal retentive coffee geeks.

I dunno even one of the countertop/handheld ones will turn beans into powder if you grind long enough. As long as you use espresso beans don't spend all your dollars on a grinder.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	207.jpg 
Views:	113 
Size:	6.2 KB 
ID:	39593  

7. The only jolt I need in the morning:

8. I differ again to the supermarket grinder. Huge bag'o'coffee, select "espresso", let it go to work on it. Take it home, throw it in the freezer, done and done.

I really, really hate countertop grinders.

9. A lot of people won't tell you this but.... you can put your weed in there..

10. Supermarket staff gets really pissed about it, though.