Page 22 of 26 FirstFirst ... 8182021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: So, are there any other members on here from 2005?

1. Yeah, I don't have much to spare but every little bit helps. Drop them Paypal deets. Or, if we do a thread, link that baby.

2. Quote Originally Posted by gamevet View Post
    Remember that video Josh posted about the convenience store clerk getting shot?

Some bitch walked in, saw him lying behind the counter and immediately walked right back out the door.
    In that situation I'd probably high-tail it also and call the cops from outside. You never know if the shooter is still in the store.

But that bitch probably just didn't want to get involved, yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    Students are good for a cleaning, but I'd not trust them to much else.
    Dude's dental work is gonna set him back 30 grand. No matter how much we all kick in he's going to come up way short. Beggars, choosers, etc.

Not a bad idea you had about getting him a dental bridge. It's a stop-gap solution to keep his teeth from shifting further and making the repairs more expensive down the road.
    Last edited by Dolemite; 27 Oct 2017 at 04:06 PM.

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

3. Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    I'm in for this. Lets cancel Christmas and do something cool.
    This is a good idea.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

4. That's horrible to hear Aurora! I'm sorry you've been through such a terrible time. You obviously know this already but you gotta get some corrective work done or else it just gets worse and worse! Many of TNL will help any way they can, don't be afraid to reach out. And you have nothing to feel guilty about. Getting your smile back will do a world of good for your self confidence.

5. Quote Originally Posted by bbobb View Post
    This is a good idea.
    Getting between a greek and his money is never a good idea.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Aurora View Post

Which leads me to...the timing. It was a few months after a pretty insane breakup. The relationship lasted nearly 8 years, so it was rough. That's a horrible time for it to happen, but the worst part is that they worked two rows down from me. So, I got to come into work for around 6 months looking like I got beat up.

Hell, even 6 month down the line I still looked like this:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B_...ERLTTh0MURBLUk

I eventually got the two front teeth shaved down, but since then (it's been like 3 years), the chipped tooth is pretty much a nub. It broke off a lot the other day.

I guess it should be "lucky" it was mostly molars the were affected, but that makes eating challenging.

I guess the right side is the most painful:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B_...EJDVU1Xeld3VVk

It's hard to tell, but the bottom two molars are just nubs, which break more each time I eat. So I get a little bit of 2spicy bits of teeth with each meal.

And here's the other side...which is pretty much nonexistent:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B_...TZkSmVqUndZVFk

Sigh. I feel really gross and weird sharing these, but maybe it's good therapy. I'll likely take take down the links tomorrow.

But yeah, I think the damage occurred due to the gritting of my teeth when I hit the pavement. It's hard to tell, but pretty much every single tooth was chipped in some fashion. Or cracked down the middle, which isn't visible in the pics much. Surprised some of the teeth have held up! Though I have a crown hanging on for dear life.

They are also shifting, which realllyyyyy sucks. I'm trying to workout a good plan with the doctor. He could work on the top arch first, for cheaper, and then a year or two later I could do the bottom, which would be more pricey. Blahhh, I better get back to work. Thanks for all the encouragement and sweet words, everyone. I genuinely appreciate it, as I've not really had anyone to turn to after the breakup. I've been a hermit.

<3
    If there's two things I understand, it's problems with exes and teeth problems. Don't worry about sharing - the dental system is atrocious here, and even with excellent coverage I have problems that I couldn't possibly afford to fix even if i wanted to. With that said, my problems are negligible compared to what you've had to endure. We want to help and we are here for you. If you're TNL, you're TNL for life, lol. And yes, Xmas money comes in for quite a few of us around Thanksgiving to Xmas. We are happy to help.
    Quote Originally Posted by dechecho View Post
    Where am I anyway? - I only registered on here to post on this thread

7. I broke a piece off of one of my molars, and even with dental insurance, the dentist wanted to charge over $800 for a crown.
    Last edited by gamevet; 28 Oct 2017 at 01:11 AM.

boats don't buy themselves, you selfish assholes.

9. I've been missing a 2/3 a tooth for a few years. Just have this jagged crag on the right side of my mouth that food gets stuck in every time I eat. Haven't had the $600 for a legit crown yet. Waiting for open enrollment in our ACA program to get dental.

Fuck knows there's probably a couple grand more lurking in the cesspool that is my mouth. I had a really shitty dentist back in SC, and 3 crowns have fallen off. I can probably get it fixed for a G or 2 at the dental college, but Gs don't come easy to a pizza cook/barista.
    Last edited by icarusfall; 28 Oct 2017 at 01:11 AM.
    Boo, Hiss.

10. Quote Originally Posted by bbobb View Post
    Correct. Go to fight club and read the melancholy thread
    Oh man, I forgot Fight Club existed. I'll check it out.

Quote Originally Posted by gamevet View Post
    I broke of a piece off of one of my molars, and even with dental insurance, the dentist wanted to charge over $800 for a crown.
    Same. I have two I need to get. Dental shit is so fucking crazy. Can we get that single payer shit going already, pls? I need rich people's taxes to pay for my shit, get to redistributin'.
    Buy Yakuza and Oblivion. Help yourself, help TNL.