Page 1 of 15 1235 ... LastLast

Thread: Final Fantasy I & II Anniversary Edition

1. Final Fantasy I & II Anniversary Edition

Square-Enix has announced remakes of Final Fantasy I & II for PSP to commemorate their 20th Anniversary. I hesitated to post the scans because they looked like shit and didn't seem to feature any kind of improvement, but the direct feed actually looks very nice.

I never got into FF2 when playing FF1&2 for GBA, simply due to how disgustingly awful FF1 was, so I may actually pick up this release of FF2. Yes, it is yet more whoring from Square, but whatever.

Final Fantasy I Anniversary Edition:

Final Fantasy II Anniversary Edition:

Buy Yakuza and Oblivion. Help yourself, help TNL.

2. FF1 was not that bad but 2's leveling up system just put off of the game completely. A no purchase for me.

3. it doesnt look too bad, although the first two screens make it look like its a homebrew project.

I may pick it up, just cause i havent come close to even starting FFI and II, but from the sound of it, theyre in separate packages. Yuck.

I do wanna play FFIII though, but i dont own a DS.

Didn't they already remake this shit?

REMAKE THE GAME EVERYONE WANTS YOU FAGS!

5. Quote Originally Posted by RDM Brian View Post
    it doesnt look too bad, although the first two screens make it look like its a homebrew project.
    It definitely reminds me of a PC title, and I don't mean something from a big studio, but I do like the look of the sprites. However, I paid for FF1 twice after NES, and I'm not about to do it again.

Still, I like the look of it, minus that weird haze on the overworld. I'd play one of the 16 bit FFs like this.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    Didn't they already remake this shit?

REMAKE THE GAME EVERYONE WANTS YOU FAGS!
    QFT. S-E, you already have your White Engine done, just throw Aeris and Cloud in there and chaching.
    Last edited by B-Ri; 19 Jan 2007 at 05:26 AM.

7. This looks like shit, but only because i've played this garbage before. Otherwise it looks nice. No more FFVII shit either unless it's about Cait Sith or Yuffie and/or it's entirely sprite-tastic. Make a new game or gtfo.
    Donk

Quote Originally Posted by RDM Brian View Post
    chaching.
    ka-ching imo...

9. I'll get it if it doesn't have the dumbed-down difficulty of the GBA version that made fighters>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>mages.

EDIT: Oh wait, it's two seperate titles? Fuck that noise, unless they're $20 each (hah), and even then I'd just get FFI.
    Last edited by Space Pirate Roberts; 19 Jan 2007 at 11:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gohron View Post
    I like doing stuff with animals and kids

lol @ idiot Square fanboys. These games don't hold up well at all, and those "improved" graphics are embarrassing by PSP standards. Absolutely no one should be buying this shit.