Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 12346 ... LastLast

Thread: Xbox Series X/S (Official Thread)

1. For me getting the X is just going to be the time when I can literally walk into a store and buy it. I have no desire to wait in line or deal with the pre-order bullshit.
    6-6-98 - 6-6-18 Happy 20th Anniversary TNL

2. I like the design of the Series X more than the PS5. However, the PS5 feels more next gen to me. The Series X does seem more like a continuation of last gen, just speedier and with higher resolution.

Yakuza Like a Dragon is pretty sweet though. Don't sleep on that game.

3. I only want an XsX for the back compat stuff currently but I'm with Bonuskun, I'm not jumping through hoops. Just waiting till I can make a purchase without fighting people for one.

4. While XsX is not readily available, they aren't scalped like the PS5 (at least my area). There really isn't any compelling reason to buy a XsX now.

5. Treasure

Quote Originally Posted by Changeling View Post
    I only want an XsX for the back compat stuff currently but I'm with Bonuskun, I'm not jumping through hoops. Just waiting till I can make a purchase without fighting people for one.
    This is how I've done it the last several console generations. I like to think that whatever issues the systems might have had at launch will be smoothed out by the time I get one.

@KoF: I feel the same way about the PS5 also. There's nothing out yet on either system that makes me go omg gotta have it now yet. In due time I'm sure that'll change.
    6-6-98 - 6-6-18 Happy 20th Anniversary TNL

6. Mine should finally arrive on Wednesday. For me, getting a launch system is great. I get to play the best versions of old games now and then I’m ready for the real next gen games. I do think it’s pretty shitty not to have any real next gen games on either system. There’s no real system seller. Too bad Microsoft screwed the pooch with Halo.
    Korly-"Everyone here is an asshole, SURPRISE!"

7. Agreed, the PS5 is marginal at best but people do seem to want that more than XsX. I wouldn't have bought PS5 if it wasn't for Demon's Soul remake.

8. Quote Originally Posted by kingoffighters View Post
    Agreed, the PS5 is marginal at best but people do seem to want that more than XsX. I wouldn't have bought PS5 if it wasn't for Demon's Soul remake.
    How does the controller feedback feel? I've heard that it's quite a game changer. Have you tried some of the PS4 games with enhancements on PS5?

9. I just ordered the new controller for my PC. 40 bucks for a white one at Amazon currently.

10. Quote Originally Posted by gamevet View Post
    How does the controller feedback feel? I've heard that it's quite a game changer. Have you tried some of the PS4 games with enhancements on PS5?
    I have only played Demon's Soul, the feedback is definitely more subtle. I would like to try a shooter at some point to see how different guns feel.

I also played Ghost of Tsushima for BC, and it is silky smooth. Of course my first time gaming in 4k/HDR, and even though GoT is not 4k and last gen, the art direction is absolutely breathtaking. The rock solid 60fps also makes it worthwhile. I will try God of War and other titles next. So far I am impressed with the BC capability of PS5, making last gen games smooth is definitely an added bonus (not unlike XBX).

Also, Demon's soul is the best launch title ever. I know, it is "just" a remake but what Bluepoint did is really something. They added so much more detail, it feels fresh and also made the game more accessible with more health drops. Enemies are still punishing but you have more of a chance now.
    Last edited by kingoffighters; 23 Nov 2020 at 10:42 PM.