Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 1234616 ... LastLast

Thread: Neill Blomkamp's Alien Sequel

Yeah, but Ripley certainly does. If that picture is to be believed this movie picks up where Aliens left off, which could end up being really cool.

2. I would be happy if they just pretended that Aliens 3 and Resurrection didn't exist.

3. Alien 3 hate bums me out.

Yep.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    Yeah, but Ripley certainly does. If that picture is to be believed this movie picks up where Aliens left off, which could end up being really cool.
    I sorta imagined this is what they were doing.

I don't hate alien 3, I just think they would be better movies if they took of from 2
    Check out Mr. Businessman
    He bought some wild, wild life
    On the way to the stock exchange
    He got some wild, wild life

6. I wish they'd do a sequel to 3 featuring the one crackpot prisoner who survived and Bishop 2 and their wacky adventures.

7. Alien 3 was okay - certainly a step down from 1 & 2, but Resurrection was just horrible.

I don't understand why they felt they had to use certain characters (Ripley) again at all. The aliens are going to sell the movie, you don't need to rehash old crap in order to have it be successful.

I don't know, man. Ripley kinda is that series.

9. Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    I don't know, man. Ripley kinda is that series.
    She is although it would also be interesting to see an Alien movie without her.

As for Blomkamp's Alien(s) sequel, it's strange to see this all come to fruition now after Prometheus given how it's taking the Alien lore into other places. If Blomkamp's movie is set after Aliens and removes Alien 3 & Resurrection out of canon then I'd be fine with it but Fox would probably have to repackage the Alien box sets to include Prometheus, Prometheus 2, and this. It would be neat if they tied into the Alien Isolation game too given how decently it fits into the movies but they probably won't do that.

Anyway, there are some cool concepts in Blomkamp's pitch and hopefully he can of bring it all together to create an Alien movie that's not only consistent with the better parts of the canon but also have some original stuff in there as well. I'm a little hesitant about it though given Fox's track record with the property and how badly they can mangle Alien movies.