Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lets Remember...Moon Patrol!

1. Lets Remember...Moon Patrol!

Back in the 80's when roller rinks and arcades were the choice hangouts of young people...

http://www.klov.com/game_detail.php?...M&game_id=2025

When I used to rollerskate (before rollerblades became the standard) every friday afternoon, I would take all-too-frequent breaks to play Moon Patrol.

The premise is simple- navagate your moon buggy to the end of the course while dodging craters and shooting UFOs above. You need to jump little bumps and craters of various sizes. Some enemies can blast craters in the lunar landscape to further impede you. Bonus points are awarded if you complete stages quickly.

The graphics were colorful, and sport some early parallax scrolling. I believe that this was released on one of the Atari systems and possibly the Colecovision. You can also find a near-perfect port on the PSX in the form of Arcades Greatest Hits: Midway Collection 2.

This is one that really would work as a 3D remake.

Who remembers patrolling the moon back in the day?

Yeah I play it on the Dreamcast Midway compiltion from time to time and while it was innovative at the time, sadly it doesn't do much for me these days...

3. I loved Moon Patrol back in the day

Going through Alphabet Zones, jumping over craters and mines. Damn those MINE Zones J,K, L where you had to use precise jumping to survive.

4. It was, and still is, fun for a quick little gaming romp.
    matthewgood fan
    lupin III fan

5. I really should get this in some home version. Last one I had was the 2600 version and that was... uh... yeah.

I loved it in the arcades back in the day. Great music.
    Look out, man, Wooly's gone ape-shit.

6. I used to play this all the time on our old 2600. As a matter of fact, I still have that same copy of Moon Patrol boxed away somwhere, along with the Atari. Also picked up that Midway's Greatest Hits disc just for this game, though I haven't given it any time yet.

~Gon
    ...because without the bitter, baby, the sweet ain't as sweet.

I loved Moon Patrol. I used to play the arcade version all the time and then I got the excellent C64 port.

8. One of my all-time arcade favorites. I can still get past section Z and well into the middle of the alphabet on one quarter, this game is completely burned into my skull. Never owned a home version, console ports of arcade games have only become acceptable in the last few years.

James

Zerodash, I believe the Colecovision version got cancelled. There is a 5200 version. Check the old Moon Patrol thread for pics.

10. Definitely a classic. I spent many a quarter on this game. How I miss those classic games of yesteryear.