Thread: B-Sides, v.1

1. B-Sides, v.1

Going through an old directory full of my own 'b-sides' if you'll allow, tracks that I never finished or scrapped altogether.

Well, here's one of them, possibly one of the stronger ones.

It's called Android Mummy. I'll let the song speak the rest for itself.

I'd love to hear some feedback of any sort.

Thanks in advance,
    ~Quinn
    Can't live without the classics...
    Original and Remixed Game Music

2. I, on the other hand, think the track is quite good... progressive-ambient tunes being my thing. You know, if you were to put together an album of stuff like that (albeit a few minutes longer/more fleshed-out) and Trace Elements, I'd pay for it. I'm serious.

-Gon

3. Hey, thanks Gon. Very kind words.

But again, it IS a B-side, and it's probably evident in the substandard nature of it, compared to some other works.

I'd agree it's nowhere near my best, but I thought it still had some neat sounds and a cosmic, logical melody......

Thanks for the listen, guys,
    ~Quinn

4. Since I'm in 'the mood' so to speak, I'll repost an old remix from the Phantasy Star site.....

This track, Mama Brain was one of my first PS remixes done from request, and features a rather easy groove version of Phantasy Star II's boss theme, for Nei, Motherbrain, etc. Give it a try if you missed out on the older site, and especially if you're a PS fan.

Take it easy,
    ~Quinn

5. See, now that last track was very nice. Ever think of attempting a length of between 7-10 minutes? A tune that long has a lot of room for ambience, and can be much more progressive. I have a feeling that, with your talent/type of sound, you could make an awesome 10 minute composition (think Mama Brain, only with 5-7 more minutes of meat on it's bones **drool**).

Do you take requests for original stuff?

I'd agree it's nowhere near my best...
    To the contrary, I think it is one of your best... but then, as you said, it's not your usual sound.

-Gon