Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Excitebike

1. Excitebike

.felt like re-using this thread since i deleted it right after i posted it here last time...

i love this game. i remember as a little kid i would turn this game on, listening to the intro song, and reset it and listen to it all over again. dunno why, but when i was like 3, i really loved that song a lot. i found it to be really funny. i would listen to the song atleast 5 times or so before i would start playing.

i remember how i would always make my own tracks that would be set up so that i could get infinite speed without over heating, and just set up some super jumps.

also, anyone here lucky enough to ever play any games in the ExciteBike: Bun Bun Mario Battle series? it was released for the Bandai Satellaview-X and only came out in japan.

i'd love to get my hands on this sooooo fuckin badly, look at how awesome it looks.

yeah, never played it, but i'd really love too. would be really awesome if we got a GBA port some day.

I would love to get my hands on that. Yoshicross.

3. THAT is fuckin' cool.

4. Someone needs to write a Bandai Satellaview-X emulator so we can play this game!

-Kevin
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Holliday View Post
    K3V is awesome!

5. That looks awesome indeed. A GBA port would be nice. Or make a GC update with online play...
    Name: Rock
    Town: Arcadia

6. I'm with you on the Excitebike love there Lucas. I used to wait for my dad to go to bed(around 2am) just to get some more play time. I also would make the no overheat tracks with the monster jumps. I remember if you put the launch ramp in front of the tall 2 lane hill(I don't remember the part letter) you could get major air if you let your rear tire hit the tip of the 2 lane hill at launch. It would throw you higer in the air and it looked like your bike bounced off of an invisible platform giving you much more air time. Ahh, the good old days. I also created a game genie code that made my character jump so high that he would go out through the top of the screen and come up through the bottom and back onto the track. I think I still have that book laying around that I wrote that code in.

7. Damn! What the heck is the Bandai Satellaview-X? The screens look an awful lot like a SFC. I could have lived my whole life not knowing that Mario Excitebike game existed, but now I must have it!

8. Ever since I got Animal Crossing I've been reliving my love for Excitebike. I even picked up the e-Card. It's just as fun and addictive as ever.
    Look out, man, Wooly's gone ape-shit.

9. Wow. Cool topic. I had no idea that game existed. I too would love to get my grubby palms on a game such as this.

If ANYBODY gets it they GOTTA post impressions...

10. Haha. Wario is molesting Toad in the title screen. That's sooooooo like him.

R.I.P. Paragon Studios