Thread: Right Stuff is selling all of Boogiepop on dvd for $50

1. Right Stuff is selling all of Boogiepop on dvd for $50

http://www.rightstuf.com/1-800-338-6.../58550/4/153/0

The show looks interesting, but I have no money. I'm gonna try to get a friend to bite this deal.
    pwned by Ivan

2. Yeah, I heard alot of good things about it. BioMechanic posted some impressions a while ago, and it sounded intriguing.

Maybe someday, I will get it for myself.

3. Wait, it's the set, but no box...
    ...now... is it each individual DVD with case or is it 4 discs shipped in an envelope?

4. i was just browsing around the AoD forums and it's mentioned that it's the individuals, they're just trying to clear out some inventory. the box (which is what you won't get) was one of them brick cases with an extra ost.

i think that's a pretty damn good deal. the trade off isn't so bad too. substitute the brick casing and ost for individual cover art.

5. I tell ya, that's a great deal. Personally, I'd rather have the original individual artwork than the soundtrack disc (which is pretty disappointing). Not to mention the box set case is kind of poorly made. The brick casing sucks.

In any case, the show is incredible. Deals with bizarre supernatural (perhaps) happenings. The story plays with time, being told out of sequence from different characters' perspectives, and as the episodes progress, you'll slowly see the narrative gaps fill in and storylines connect. The producers also play very subtle tricks on the viewers (for example, one episode's timeline is in complete reverse), some of which are extremely creative.

I admit hands-down it's pretty bizarre, but once Phantom gets its grip on you, you can't escape.

A great deal on what I consider to be a top-notch, somewhat overlooked anime series. Anyone who liked Lain will dig Phantom.

Satoshi Kon: 1963-2010

6. Great show that gets better on repeated viewings.
    This deal is better than the brick set, because like the guys above me said the OST sucks (its like 2 crappy tracks, not all the kickass music from the show) and you get more cover art
    - Kabuki