Thread: Live Action Akira?

1. Live Action Akira?

Just read this on Dark Horizons:

Variety reports that Warner Bros. will produce a live-action English-language remake of the Japanese 1988 anime classic feature. Director Stephen Norrington ("Blade", "The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen") will reteam with "League" screenwriter James Robinson to pen the script whilst Jon Peters will produce. This remake will follow the original story of a futuristic motorbike gang leader who must rescue his younger brother from his involvement in a secret government project.

I'm not a devious man by nature... but when you're unarmed, your tactics might gonna be downright Archimedean.

2. Yeah, rumors of this have been floating around for years. I'll be surprised if it ever gets out of Development Hell.

Wow... this could end up as a real train wreck.

4. ... Akira would make a fine live action film...

... if they didn't hold anything back, got a quality director, and not try to copy everything about the anime (ie: costumes and such) it could be an excellent movie

5. The remake will tell the story of a bike gang leader who must rescue his younger brother from his involvement in Akira, a secret government project. In the process, the biker must do battle with anti-government activists, greedy politicians and irresponsible scientists.
    ....I don't even know what to say....