Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Love Complex

1. Love Complex

My freinds and I finally finished watching Love Complex today. We saw all but 3 episodes before raw when it aired on the international channel the year before last, but this was our first time watching it with subtitles, and a full grasp off the plot. I have to say, I really like this show.

Lovecom is a live action J-Drama, but it bears little resemblance to anything else in the genre. In fact, it's more comedy than drama most of the time, though it gets pretty intense by the end. The one word I almost always here used to describe this show is "weird" and that's pretty accurate. The show has a pretty loose sense of reality, and can range from silly to just surreal.

The plot centers around two men, Ayumi Shingyozi and Go Ryuzaki transferred to the secretarial department of a japanese electronics company. 6 months ago nearly 2 billion yen disappeared from the companies account, and bookkeeping. All the executives are computer illiterate (isn't that great? A computer company with exacs that can't use a PC) so the secretaries are the only suspect. It seems like a whodunnit plot, but it gets damned complicated, made worse that the characters are completely insane, with crazed cult memebers, vengeful martial artist lesbians, and Ryuzaki who's just... nuts. For lack of any better term. The man is off his rocker.

The show is incredibly well put together. The cinematography and editing are really snazzy. There's alot of very cool camera work, and the production values show. The music is very overdone (intentionally) and adds alot to the atmosphere of the show, which is largely a genre spoof.

Ah, and some screen caps, for the hell of it:

Anyone else enjoy this show? I know there's not alot of english speaking fans, but everyone I know who saw it on i-channel was hooked. Even in raw japanese, the style of the show grabs you right away.

2. Woah. Someone must sub this.
    NOW.

...and what's with the crucifix?
    The Lord doesn't suddenly become animated as a bishonen and kill eyeball-aliens with roses, does He? Once is enough...

3. Originally posted by ChaoofNee
    Woah. Someone must sub this.
    NOW.

...and what's with the crucifix?
    The Lord doesn't suddenly become animated as a bishonen and kill eyeball-aliens with roses, does He? Once is enough...
    I'd explain the church, but it's sort of context dependant. It's not a literal place inthe show, but more of a symbol... Like I said, the show's got a loose sense of reality. People will sometimes die and appear in the next episode. It confused me alot until I saw it subbed

Which reminds me, I said in my post I watched it subbed, didn't I?

4. I'll bet you did say it. My brain says you said, "Asparagus spent some Medula Oblungata in the horseradish sewer." It's just how my mind works. Sorry.
    But, yeah, as soon as I clear Abenobashi Mahou Shotengai off my computer, I'm gunning for this...

5. I actually saw it via Hong Kong DVDs. I haven't seen it online, but I'm gonna DivX it up over break, so if you're interested and can't find it I'll let you know then.

6. This show looks awesome. Are most Japanese tv shows (intentionally) bizarre, or is this some odd case?
    pwned by Ivan

7. Sounds awesome!
    How long is the show (# episodes) ??

Frog, check your PMs

- Kabuki

8. Originally posted by Green
    This show looks awesome. Are most Japanese tv shows (intentionally) bizarre, or is this some odd case?
    It's an odd case. In fact I've met some japanese people who complained that the show was too weird for them. The sense of humor and timing jived just right with me though.

Originally posted by kabuki
    Sounds awesome!
    How long is the show (# episodes) ??
    It's 11 episodes, each is an hour long, minus commercials (About 48 mins).

9. wish I could see this. =\ After Salary MAn Kintaro 3(aka: greatest show ever. . .part 3) ended, they haven't shown anything decent out here in CA. alarmingly, they're running a show now about a high school teacher that was a former/current gang leader(I'm obligated towards interest in this show) and its not subtitled. She's beating up her students and I don't know why. I'm hoping they're still running subbed shows, just at a different timeslot.