Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5789

Thread: US Newtype

1. Vol 2, ish 2 (ish 4) is out. That's the one with the Wild Arms DVD, and an inside look into BONE Studio (Cowboy Bebop, Wolf's Rain, Raxephon).
    Never under any circumstance scrutinize the mastication orifice of a gratuitous herbivorous quadruped.

2. Vol 2 ish 3 is out. It has Raxephon on the DVD. Cool Beans.

3. haven't recieved it in the mail yet. if anything i should be getting it this week.

4. That really, really sucks, seeing as how I don't have money. Methinks its time to donate some blood for money.
    www.classic-games.net updated every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday.

5. Originally posted by OriginalJester
    Vol 2 ish 3 is out. It has Raxephon on the DVD. Cool Beans.
    Holy crap, I just picked up the previous issue! I gotta grab this tonight - does EB carry NewType, or just Gamestop?

6. Originally posted by kabuki
    Holy crap, I just picked up the previous issue! I gotta grab this tonight - does EB carry NewType, or just Gamestop?
    I've only seen it at Gamestop as far as game shops go, but they don't seem to be too good at keeping current with the magazine. Newtype seems to have a pretty wide distribution; I've seen it at Suncoast, Barnes & Noble, Borders, and Gamestop (actually Babbage's, but who's keeping track?).

I've been warming up to the magazine a bit more as of late. I like hearing about new anime coming out, and the magazine serves as a nice guide to what's available in fansubbed format these days. The game-related articles are nice, too, and I really like the Gundam Fix Figuration feature in each issue. The mag does well for what it is.

7. I get mine at the local comic store on the third wednesday of every month. That's when diamond ships them, so try your local ma and pop comic shop and support them with your hard earned dough. 1 800 comic book to find a retailer near you.

Decided to bump this thread back up as it's been great for test driving different anime series. In this months issue, you get the first episodes of Azumanga Doah and Comic Party as well as a long Preview of Aura Battler Dunbine (which was pretty good).
    Taking it one day at a time.

This months issue has a nice story on Gundam Seed and Kalido(sp) Star is the DVD insert. Seems pretty descent. It's about a girl that wants to join a circus in america as an acrobat. While there are many other titles I'd likely get before this one right now, the quality of the series is great so far.
    Taking it one day at a time.

10. Quote Originally Posted by Brotherman
    ... Kalido(sp) Star is the DVD insert. Seems pretty descent. It's about a girl that wants to join a circus in america as an acrobat. While there are many other titles I'd likely get before this one right now, the quality of the series is great so far.
    I was really interested in this until I found out that Season 3 is in the works. I can't handle that many episodes! I've read that Season 1 wraps up very nicely as an entire story unit though, so don't let my ramblings detract you from buying.