Page 102 of 102 FirstFirst ... 8898100101102
Results 1,011 to 1,016 of 1016

Thread: The official monthy comic book thread!

1. Screw that noise, make a new thread. Like, three people read this thread. Smaller topics are going to kill what little discussion happens here anyway.

2. Quote Originally Posted by Nick
    . . . larger threads (thousands of replies with no end in sight) are harder on the server.
    The server and the needs of the greater community come first. Besides, if you want to attract new participants it makes more sense to get rid of this daunting monster topic and put some smaller topics out there that people are more likely to respond to. Trust me.

And in case you forgot:
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick
    . . . larger threads (thousands of replies with no end in sight) are harder on the server.

3. I wasn't kidding when I said this thread would be closed. It'll run until the end of this month, but then it's getting padlocked. When will you understand I have your best interests at heart, True Believers?

I also merged the latest batch of Civil War posts into Korly's thread.

No. Why is this thread getting closed? Why are you shutting down so many awesome things, Nick! Why! I even sigged the store for you.
    "Monster thread." Okay. I guess we can do a new thread every week or two or so. Or something.

Anyway I picked up Nextwave and it was a pretty awesome issue. I'm so glad The Captain finally gets something done right. Maybe too right.

I also picked up the next KOTOR comic but...it wasn't really all that cool. After borrowing and reading all of the Batman "Hush" story arc, the KOTOR series (one of the first I picked up) isn't all that impressive.
    Pete DeBoer's Tie
    There are no rules, only consequences.

5. Aw, man. I'm doing my best to make TNL work better. You have to trust me sometimes. I want to encourage conversation here. That's why I made a forum for comics and other reading material, that's why I'm closing threads that drag on the database, and that's why I'm splitting up the conversation.

See the Civil War thread for how this forum should be. You and I might not handle it this way, but people start at the beginning of these threads when they first see them, then they never get to the end.

Bite-size chunks are okay. Trust me. Why do you think those small Snickers are called "Fun Size"?

6. Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    Aw, man. I'm doing my best to make TNL work better. You have to trust me sometimes. I want to encourage conversation here. That's why I made a forum for comics and other reading material, that's why I'm closing threads that drag on the database, and that's why I'm splitting up the conversation.

See the Civil War thread for how this forum should be. You and I might not handle it this way, but people start at the beginning of these threads when they first see them, then they never get to the end.

Bite-size chunks are okay. Trust me. Why do you think those small Snickers are called "Fun Size"?
    Just go ahead and lock this thread then Nick, I really don't mind.

People could either just start individual threads on comics or re-start an all in one like this one as long as the sub-forum isn't clogged in one place or another.