Thread: Exosquad

1. Exosquad

Anyone remember Exosquad? My friend John just recently bought the whole series in an Ebay auction(along with all of Gargoyles) and was curious what everyone thought of it. Truth be told, when it first came on, i dismissed it as a lame ass Robotech rip off. But it turned out to be so much more. The fact that events that happened in one episode mattered in the future blew me away at the time. And the ending really shocked me. Too bad they never followed up on it.

Oh yes I remember. ExoSquad was great. It ranks op there with Robotech as one of my favorite war cartoons. I really wish they didn't end with that cliffhanger though. If you imagine that part didn't happen though then everything else is fine.
    Taking it one day at a time.

3. You know, now that I think about it, that Battletech cartoon seemed like a blatant rip off of Exosquad. The only difference being the battles were badly done "3d".

Hmmm... I don't know... The BattleTech story seemed to go in a different direction that ExoSquad. Plus if you want to say that then really ExoSquad would be considered a rip of BattleTech since the universe and mech designs and such were available for a good while before ExoSquad existed if I'm correct.

5. Um... was Exo & Robotech related somehow? I don't remember it at all from the series, however it has been about 7 years since I watched it.

Anarchy Rulez,
    -Gigas
    Currently Playing: Final Fantasy V Pixel Remaster (PC), Let's Build a Zoo (PC) & Despot's Game (PC)

Get Free Bitcoins every hour! - www.freebitco.in

Well, not directly, but some of the battloids from robotech were marketed under the ExoSquad line of toys. The only way it could be anywhere close to continuity is if the war had ended in 1999. If that had happened the big flash that was destroying everything would have been the SDF-1. I think it was too far in the future for that to be considered though.

7. Ye have got a point, yes ye do.

8. I loved that series when I was in my teens, brought back so many fond memories of Robotech and Transformers from my early childhood. Watched it judiciously from the very beginning to the very end. There were some pretty dramatic moments during the course of the series, very unusual for a domestic, made-for-TV cartoon.

Now, if only they'd get on their asses and do the rest of Pirates of Darkwater, all would be right in the world. Damn, I can't believe they killed that series just passed the midway point and left us all wanting more
    omg TNL epics!

9. God I liked Pirates of dark Water. That was a damn shame. I don't even remember how many jewels they wound up finding. Anyone know?

10. You know what? I should start an old school cartoons thread, because the nostalgia is running pretty thick here.