Page 2 of 30 FirstFirst 1234616 ... LastLast

Thread: Suikoden III (official n' all that)

1. Damnit- I still need to finish the first one and start the 2nd one...

No Suikoden III for me...yet

2. The first one is a quickie. Suikoden 2 is pretty long, but I guarantee you'll love it. Word of advice: get everybody before storming Rockaxe.
    www.classic-games.net updated every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday.

3. Originally posted by Lordmrw
    I'm jazzed for it, but seeing as I
    a.)don't have a PS2
    b.)don't plan on buying one
    I have to figure some other way of playing it and Wild Arms 3. Aside from Tuta, how many other characters from 1 and 2 are returning? I already know Viktor and FLik are not.

Pesmerga, and I'm pretty sure Clive show up. I've also tried to stay away from spoilers, but I can speculate...

Georg - part of the game takes place in Harmonia, which is where Georg fled from after being framed. That was never really brought up in Suiko II, (It was in Richmond's file on him) so I figure they've got to handle it here.

Tai Ho - Would it be a Suikoden game without him?

Stallion - ditto.

Killey - he and Lorelai are searching for the Sindar, and they haven't found 'em yet. I figure they both show up.

McDohl - He's still suposed to take the throne of the Toran Republic, maybe part III is where he does it.

Hiro - the main guy from part II. If McDohl's in the 2nd one, why shouldn't he be here?

Mazus - he and Crowley have to have a rematch.

Hix - maybe he'll be grown up and won't suck now?

Futch - Same.

Luc - seems to show up wherever the tablet of destiny does.

I'm sure they'll include a couple of characters who were in the first one, but not part II.

Man, now I really want this game! (even though the new 3D art style looks kinda gay - what's up with that duck guy?) Alright...I've just gotta knuckle down and finish off the last 70 hours of Dragon Warrior VII...ugh...
    -Kyo

Damnit. Kidnemo had to go and pollute the Suikoden III thread with thoughts of FFX.

Back on topic, since the next Lunar is seemingly nowhere on the horizon, Suikoden may be the best series out there right now. No RPG fan, no matter how casual, should miss this one. Besides, everyone will already be at the store buying Contra, so there's no additional trip necessary. If you're not buying Contra, you should be shot, at which point games won't matter much.

5. What is the release date?

October 22nd.

7. Originally posted by Kidnemo
    You got all the import gensuo Suikoden games and that cool card battling Suik game that was released for GBA also?
    That would be me

I have my money down at GameStop and will have it day one of course... now I yet to decide whether to go through Suikoden 1 and 2 first or just start 3 now so I don't have to wait

8. Anybody else excited?
    Practically bursting at the seams.

You can use your Suikoden II data, correct?

9. Originally posted by Yoshi
    Damnit. Kidnemo had to go and pollute the Suikoden III thread with thoughts of FFX.

Back on topic, since the next Lunar is seemingly nowhere on the horizon, Suikoden may be the best series out there right now. No RPG fan, no matter how casual, should miss this one. Besides, everyone will already be at the store buying Contra, so there's no additional trip necessary. If you're not buying Contra, you should be shot, at which point games won't matter much.
    Hey! It's my thread, and I loved FFX so hush!

And I'm picking up Suikoden III and THPS4... I'll be picking up Contra, just not on release.

Mode7>Yea, I'm pretty sure you can use your save(s) from Suik 1/2.

10. Suikoden is the only console RPG series I've cared about in the past few years. Unfortunately I stil do not own a PS2... and i'm still not too excited about the 3-D look. I do want to try try it out though.