Page 5 of 30 FirstFirst ... 34567919 ... LastLast

Thread: Suikoden III (official n' all that)

1. I'm sorta sad... This is the first Suikoden game that I have not picked up on its American release date.

2. Kidnemos Suikoden series selling points:

-Old school "feeling"
    -Attractive sprite based graphics
    -Decent story (that also is loosely connected in all three games)
    -Nice battle system thats focused on combo attacks between 2/3 characters.
    -Not an excessive amount of random battles.
    -Party battles, entire army based battles (really good in 2), duels.
    -108 playable characters. Each one with there own back-story.
    -"Gotta collect 'em all" aspect to collecting all 108 characters.
    -Some neat mini-games.
    -Kick ass soundtrack.
    -Cool castle/town building aspects where your 108 characters live.

They are some of my favorite RPG's, and really worth going out of your way to track down me thinks.

3. Sorry, this game sounds too much like Populous for me. It also does not sound Communist enough. I will not be buying it.

4. Suikoden 3 won't be released in the UK for another year or so anyways.

5. Dang, I'm excited for this game. What I'd really love to know: Did they bring back the Iron Chef type cooking mini-game?

6. No, the iron chef type cooking is gone. Its been replaced by item mixing in order to make new items. Yeah, ign really loved Suikoden 3; I got that impression not only from the review, but from the question & answer session they did on their message board.

And Korly, I can send you my Suikoden 2 save; unfortunately I don't have Muku Muku(or whatever the hell his name is) and Nanami, but I don't think that really matters.
    www.classic-games.net updated every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday.

7. Status:

Suikoden III....In possesion.

Hands on...Imminent.

8. Originally posted by Lordmrw
    No, the iron chef type cooking is gone. Its been replaced by item mixing in order to make new items. Yeah, ign really loved Suikoden 3; I got that impression not only from the review, but from the question & answer session they did on their message board.

And Korly, I can send you my Suikoden 2 save; unfortunately I don't have Muku Muku(or whatever the hell his name is) and Nanami, but I don't think that really matters.
    I just downloaded one from GameFAQs, but thanks for lookin' out!

9. I really want to get into this series, and I wanna do it right, but suikoden 2 goes for like $75 on ebay. thats insane. I guess i shouldn't have traded my copy.

Originally posted by polywaggles
    It also does not sound Communist enough.