Page 1 of 30 123515 ... LastLast

Thread: Suikoden III (official n' all that)

1. Suikoden III (official n' all that)

Woo!

Suikoden III releases next week (10-22-02) and I'm starting to get a bit giddy for it.

Anybody else excited? I already have my copy reserved and can't wait for next week to get here.

Have any reviews been posted on the english version yet?

2. Im excited. Biggest RPG this year.

3. I'd say second biggest RPG this year 'cause I loved me up some FFX.

FFX did come out this year right?

*mind-blurs*

4. It may get lost in the monolith shadow of Kindgom Hearts, but I have a feeling it'll do alright. There's no Final Fantasy this year, so it's the only option PS2 rpg gamers who don't want/have already played KH have this christmas. I believe this has a great shot at being rpg of the year, now that everyone's sick of Morrowind and have realized that KH isn't designed all that well.

Me, I've been pumped about it for months, and it was one of the reasons I bought a PS2. Unfortunately, a series of financial drains (like my sister getting married) have meant my gaming budget has shrunk.

Add to that the fact that a) I can't really justify any new rpg purchases until I win the other three rpgs in my pile of shame (including Dragon Warrior VII - weep!) b) the cash I do have will probably go to Contra and probably either Shinobi or Rygar (whichever turns out better) first, and I probably won't be playing this little beauty until the new year. Besides, I have to go through Suikoden II again first - gotta get all 108 stars. You can use your Suiko 1&2 save in 3, ya know!
    -Kyo

5. I'm jazzed for it, but seeing as I
    a.)don't have a PS2
    b.)don't plan on buying one
    I have to figure some other way of playing it and Wild Arms 3. Aside from Tuta, how many other characters from 1 and 2 are returning? I already know Viktor and FLik are not.
    www.classic-games.net updated every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday.

6. I've yet to miss out on a Suikoden game, and I don't mean to start now
    Look out, man, Wooly's gone ape-shit.

7. Originally posted by Lordmrw
    I have to figure some other way of playing it and Wild Arms 3. Aside from Tuta, how many other characters from 1 and 2 are returning? I already know Viktor and FLik are not.
    I'm not really sure.

I'm trying to keep as spoiler free as possible so I'm nice n' minty fresh on release day.

Originally posted by DacaZ
    I've yet to miss out on a Suikoden game, and I don't mean to start now
    You got all the import gensuo Suikoden games and that cool card battling Suik game that was released for GBA also?

8. Heh... Domestic releases... :P
    Look out, man, Wooly's gone ape-shit.

9. Originally posted by DacaZ
    Heh... Domestic releases... :P
    Me too.

I'd love the import releases, but I have a feeling the language barrier would 'cause more frusteration than fun.

I'm definitely interested in Suikoden 3 but I plan on beating a few more RPGs in my backlog before getting it.