View Poll Results: Would you purchase an update to AFO?

Voters
34. You may not vote on this poll
  • What is Sega waiting for?

15 44.12%
  • It's alright, but I'd rather play something else online.

11 32.35%
  • This game sucked!

8 23.53%
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Would you purchase an update to Alien Front Online?

1. Would you purchase an update to Alien Front Online?

I enjoyed playing PSO and NFL2k1 online, but the one game that had me hooked, with it's simple gameplay, was AFO. This game had this addicting factor to it, that I could'nt put a finger on. Does this game deserve another run on the current consoles?

2. Very much so. I didn't play it a whole lot but from what I did, I had a lot of fun. Iron out some of the rough edges and you'd have a real winner on your hands.

I'd also like a new Outtrigger but I'm probably gonna be pretty alone on that.
    They call me Heatmiser
    and whatever I touch
    starts to melt in my clutch
    I'm too much!

3. You damn right!
    Quote Originally Posted by Drewbacca View Post
    There is wisdom beyond your years in these consonants and vowels I write. Study them and prosper.

4. AFO was a very entertaining temporary hook. But it was really shallow once you looked past being able to chit-chat with fellow players... Once I turned it off, I never looked back.

And single player was a complete waste of resources.

Good times chatting with Regus, bbobb, and... well, I don't recall who else I have ever played with...

EDIT: Forgot to answer the question. If the update paid better attention to a balance between the army and alien type crafts/weaponty... And if the stage design and variety were improved... And if the sheer shallow nature of the game was improved, I could see it lasting longer and neaving a better taste in my mouth.

5. I'd be all for it... Great game

I'd love to see it on Xbox live.

7. yes, actually i would like an redone version. maybe give us some air and water units, maybe even some mech units(for both humans and aliens) that could be cool. x-box live would work very well for it. lets jsut make he humans vehicles a little more interesting, tanks are nice and all, but ugly as sin, and while i liked using my howitzer on all the cheesy hovercraft punks, the aliens just looked cooler all around.
    Quote Originally Posted by Compass
    Squall's a dick.

I really like the AFO engine and would love to see a full-blown single-player version of it.

I actually liked Outtrigger a bit more than AFO.

9. "It's alright, but I'd rather play something else online."

10. There are many many more Sega Franchise I would rather see remade than AFO.