Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 1626282930

Thread: Suikoden III (official n' all that)

1. I just played through the extra scenario, does anyone want to explain why on the last screen, Sarah is a little kid? The only thing is I can think of is that her and Luc were killed in the collapse, and somehow they were reborn, but then it doesn't explain why she's a little kid and he's still the same.

2. Suikoden 3 is an odd game for me. It was actually my favorite game of last year (I even rank it above Metroid Prime), but I did not officialy beat the game. Its still sitting on my shelf unbeaten.

My gameplay time on the game is 68 hours, I have completed all the chapters with Chris, Hugo, Geddoe, the Elijah Wood looking kid (sorry, I haven't played this since January), even the fucking dog. However, I am on the last boss...that dragon thing and for the life of me I just can not beat the fucker.I must have tried every possible combination of characters on the son of a bitch. It seems like I have tried every possible strategy in taking him out. However, the fact remains that I just can't get rid of the damn runes/orbs that are around it. I remember the last time I tried to beat it, that I could take out one of the bottom runes first. Then I would try to take out the water rune because I could then attack it, but EVERY SINGLE TIME it would heal one of the other runes first! I must have been fighting this bastard for a good 10 hours. I just can't do it.

I would really love to see an ending to this game as well. I just loved the visual style of the game, and the story line was absolutely captivating. I think I am the only person I know that actually likes it BETTER than Suikoden II. However, this still sits on my shelf unbeaten. Right now, I just have the storyline in my head that the flame champion could not succeed, and "the bad guys won." I am just rationalizing to myself that some of my favorite games of all time I have never beaten. For example, I have never beaten Battletoads, but that fact NEVER ruins how great I think that game is. I guess I will have to believe the same thing about Suikoden III.......

DOES ANYBODY HAVE A GOOD STRATEGY FOR BEATING THAT BOSS? I AM USING CHRIS AS THE FLAME CHAMPION...IF ANYBODY HAS A GOOD STRATEGY PLEASE TELL ME. I WOULD LIKE TO BEAT THIS MOST SUPERB GAME ONE OF THESE DAYS.........

3. Ok here is my strategy for the last bost, and censor it next time you shouldn't speak of the 1337 runes.

Ok my team was (Not in this order) Chris (Flame Champion) Geddoe (True Lightning rune pwns the water rune, so he is very very very helpful) Emily (the fact that she did 6 hits, and with the Killer Rune attached, she would usually take out a rune in a turn or 2) Estella (Her magic pwns, equip her with Thunder to help with the water rune) Bright (The dragon, I had him equiped with double strike, so he did about 2,000 damage total per turn, a few hundred less than) Damn, who was the other person I had... OH Aila, but that was because I had her expertise in Shield magic, so she was good for my defense, and healing.

As for my tactics, I had Estella and Geddoe just pummle the Water rune with Lightning magic. While I did that, Emily and Bright would eliminate the two lower runes in about 1 or 2 turns. Chris was just there, helping add about 800 damage each turn (Not much) because I chose her as my main character. ORIGINALLY I had Hugo, but his magic defense sucked, so he died too fast, I wanted him in... but just couldn't make him work. OH for support, use Jeane for god's sake, she speeds up your Chanting. After I killed off the bottom runes, the water rune starting reviving, but it revived them both, then bit the dust as another lightning spell pwned it. The rest was easy, I killed off the fire and Thunder, and just concentrated on the wind dragon, I never touched the earth rune, it didn't bother me.

There you go.

4. The party I used was Hugo, Chris, Geddoe, Juan, Sasarai, and Viki. With Juan, once you max out his swing and continual attack skills, he can attack up to 12 or 13 times. If you levelled him up and forged his weapon, he can take out 2 orbs in one round. Sasarai's True Earth Rune has the Canopy Defense or something like that, that will protect you from one magic attack per round. Viki is there for magic, plain and simple, so whatever runes you have on her will just make it that much simpler. The 3 main characters are there for there True Rune magic. Provided you maxed out their respective magic skills, just use their most powerful spells. Except the Fire Rune; the fact that it can hit your party is really stupid. Just keep using the True Earth Rune to protect yourself once it disappears, and you should be alright. I only got hit twice during the entire battle, so that says that I either had a good strategy, or that my guys were levelled up nicely(they were in the mid 60s). And wow, I did it in 42 hours.
    www.classic-games.net updated every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday.

5. Well.. my team was cooler! My timer is at like 44 hours, but I have 4 more stars to get. Gordon the Homosexual Item shop owner. The guy who always gets lost. And I dun remember the other 2. MAJOR SPOILER AHEAD, Unless you have beaten the game, or already read somewhere (Like me) be warned!

How exactly do you get Luc's flame to open up? do you need all 108 stars?

6. OK. Thanks for the strategies. I will try some of those out.

Sorry I didn't censor it. I forgot to...I will remember to do that next time.

7. Use the tag [spoiler] and then well, you know how to end it.

That's fine, and I hope they work for you (Mines better ^.^)

8. Thief - Yes, you need all 104 stars, then Sarah, Albert, Yuber, and Luc will be added to the tablet, and once you beat the game, the last flame will unlock.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drewbacca View Post
    There is wisdom beyond your years in these consonants and vowels I write. Study them and prosper.

9. Ok, so I'm lacking 4 stars, thank you Schattenjlr.

"It sounds dirty"