Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: "The Ring" Spoiler Discussion American version

1. I also liked the effect at the end of the Japanese version more.

But the I liked almost everything else better in the US one.

2. I think I will agree to that....for the most part.
    "I see the world didn't end yesterday."

"Are you sure?"

Korly thanks for your insight...

4. Anytime Korian.

I just saw the movie in the theatre for the third time last night, and Chux is working on getting me a VCD of it.

This is probably going to take my "Movie of the Year" award. As long as Death to Smoochy doesn't get it first. Also, did Donnie Darko come out this year? 'Cause if so, that'd be a contender also.

5. Annapolis boys reprazent

6. Freakiest thing was when they showed the dead girl during the wake part. I liked the movie, but I think I would like the Japanese version more.
    pwned by Ivan

7. I like the US one better, except the ending. The Japanese one doesn't cut to the reporter girl screeching through the streets during the final encounter.

8. Donnie Darko was 2001, I think.

As for the Ring, I like the japanese version better.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ex Ranza View Post
    Halverson had me totally convinced of Cybermorph's greatness, I'll tell you that much.

Then I got a Jag, took it home, and something seemed... not right.

9. After I saw it I was confused too but the more I thought about it the more I "got" what happened. Is it just me or did it seem like the part where the father got into the bathtub after puting on his funky "headphones" was a tad edited looking? Needless to say I can't wait to see the Japanese version.
    on a side note...This was one of the the best flicks for a projectionist, the radio station that put ont he screening wanted me to do all this weird stuff with the lights and sound to get the atmosphere right. It was fun giveing the audience a "hiroshima style" white blast from the lamp and sound rack right after I dimed the lights...the only weird thing was after one of the ushers cleaned out the theater he found a videotape...I wanted to know what was on it but I don't think anybody had the balls enough to watch it
    What isn't remembered, Never happened