Thread: The Story Behind Fatal Frame

1. The Story Behind Fatal Frame

Tecmo reveals the truth about one of the scariest horror games ever!

Tecmo has released an online game trailer and revealed details about the true story behind <b>Fatal Frame</b> for the PS2. For those who aren't in the know, <i>Fatal Frame</i> is the latest game from Tecmo which is based upon two Japanese folk tales, both of which originate from the rural mountainous regions of Japan.

Makoto Shibata, Chief Producer of <i>Fatal Frame</i>, described the inspiration for the game’s haunted house, "In an area outside Tokyo, there lies a mansion in which it’s said seven people were murdered in a grisly manner. On the same property, there lie three detached residences that surround the mansion, all of which are rumored to have ties to the mansion’s troubled past. It’s said there is an underground network of tunnels that lay beneath the premises, but nobody knows who made these tunnels or what purpose they served.

Many inexplicable phenomenon have been reported occurring on the property. Bloody handprints have been found splattered all over the walls. Spirits have been spotted on the premises… even in broad daylight. A narrow stairway leads to an attic where a spirit-sealed talisman is rumored to be locked away. Men have sought this talisman, only to be found later with their bodies broken and rope marks around their wrists. There’s a crumbling old statue of a woman in a kimono, but its head is missing. If you take a photo of a certain window, a young girl can be seen in the developed picture. These incidents have provoked fear in the people of Tokyo, and many believe that those who live near this area will become cursed. The deaths of those seven people are unexplained to this day."

The trailer itself can be downloaded here.

Woah... That's spooky.
    Taking it one day at a time.

3. I really like this game. It is VERY creepy. I stopped playing because I got Blood Omen 2 but since I finished that I have to get back to Fatal Frame. WooooooooooooO!

4. Yes, the game is great. The atmosphere is very creepy, with dark surrounding, and old film like picture. Strange noises and visions that you see. Figures walking in the dark, right in the corner of your eye. Fatal Frame is a scariest game I ever played, beating even Silent Hill. It said that the game was based on actual events, and now this story is definately spooky. Beats Blair Witch in every way.

5. I keep meaning to try this game out. I think it's neat that it's based loosely around actual events.
    -Mullet Jockey-
    Check out my site!
    Eat. Sleep. Music.