Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jill Valentine :D

1. Jill Valentine :D

a repost from shoruken.com.
    i'm pretty happy with the way this pic turned out.
    all drawn and colored in painter 6

2. For some reason actually seeing Jill eat the herb is funny. *ahem*
    AH, very nice line work and great colors! Her face looks quite sad though, must be all those stupid zombies. Hee hee. Looks great! Keep it up!

3. *jaw drops*

This has got to be the BEST piece I've seen from you. I mean...the soft colors are perfect with the line work, the pose is cute, and...it's JILL!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan View Post
    Careful. We're talking about games here. Fun isn't part of it.

4. I concur! (MORE please)

5. Very awesome. That's the perfect pose.

6. Yep, that's an adorable, great pic. She sure does look despondent sitting there, munching on an herb. Of course, I imagine they're rather bitter, and she wouldn't need to eat one if wasn't feeling that great in the first place... only thing, I assume that the brushes you use antialias their edges, making it difficult to put a background there without all the AA showing up. Is that why you left a white border around her? (not that it looks bad, but you wouldn't want to always have to do it)

7. actually, in painter, it's a lil different than in photoshop. your colors have to be applied to the lowest layer, being the only layer you can use watercolors on. so what you see is just colors that have been applied on top of that blue background coat. the problem with this is that you don't get to go back and meddle a lot with colors afterwards like you would in photoshop.

the white border i put in deliberately, cuz i saw another artist do it, and i thought it looked neat, so i tried it too.

8. "all drawn and colored in painter 6"

You mean this was drawn on the com?Mouse or tablet?

Either way,i hate you.(In a good way.)
    Damnit!!GEO!!!!!

9. oh gosh mouse?

yes, drawn on my tablet straight to the comp
    i like that method for a sketchy style, and sometimes i find i can output onto the computer better than i can to paper.

10. I love it. Great work. Not just well drawn, I really like the whole pic. I saw title and figured it would be yet another pic of jill in that stupid RE 3 outfit, but this is much better.