Page 1 of 7 1235 ... LastLast

Thread: What have you been watching lately?

1. What have you been watching lately?

I've been hiring and buying movies quite a bit lately, and was wondering what you lot have been watching. heres my list:

Zoolander: I hire this nearly every week. I fucking love it. I watched it twice in the one night a few days ago. 10/10

Memento: I saw this movie a while ago, and I forgot how fucking rad it was. Its really complex, and quite genious. Do yourself a favour and hire this. 10/10

Magnolia: I don't think I got this movie properly. On the back of the cover, it says that it has "one of the greatest climaxes in cinematic history". I still enjoyed it thouroughly, though it lacked a sense of closure IMO. 8/10

Dancer in the Dark: a musical made by and starring bjork. Its the most disturbing movie I've ever seen. Its worse than Requiem, its worse than Secret adventures of Tom thumb. still, its damn good, and it has a killer soundtrack too. 8/10

Road to Perdition: Great for a Tom hanks movie. He makes quite a good bad guy. 7/10

Panic Room: I liked this alot, though no where near as good as Fight club or seven. I thought the ending was pretty standard. 7/10

Ice age: I really enjoyed this movie. Some of the effects are fucking awesome, and its quite funny. The character development isn't very well done though. 7/10

Collateral Damage: I thought this movie was ok. Definately a step back in the right direction for arnie. 6/10

Wag the Dog: I hired it for school work. I haven't watched it yet.

I want to hire out a fucking ton of good movies that I haven't seen, so any suggestions are welcome.

I recommend million dollar hotel. Hardly anyone has seen it, and its really good. also, Secret adventures of tom thumb is well worth finding and watching.

2. Good, I've been meaning to make one of these threads but havent gotten to it

Lets see:

Armitage Dual Matrix - Pretty cool sci-fi action Anime. Interesting story, cool animation, lots of good action. US dub wasnt very bad as well.

Derailed - Latest from Van Damme - Amazing piece of crap, that can only be watched for its campy bad qualities Bad action scenes, ridiculous storyline, bad acting, and laughable sfx. You've been warmed.

Antikiller - Big budgeted Russian crime/action. Interesting story, some good action scenes, cool music. Good to see that there are some russian production that can be done on the level of US standards.

Scooby-do - Well, It was pretty dumb, pretty much what I expected. The only good thing about it, the part with soul changing, few Fred related jokes, scene with Scooby and Shaggy at the end credits, and fx were done nicely. Other than that, no redeeming qualities whatsoever.

All about Benjamins - Decent action comedy with Ice Cube. Had some good action scenes, blood, and some funny jokes. Good for one watch

Count of Monte Cristo - Well, I didnt like it much, since I refer original French version, but the acting by main guy, was pretty good, and it did had some nice fencing scenes. Other than that, it was pretty boring. Better than The Musketeer though

Soul Guardians - Korean Horror film. Simular to the US End of Days, Priest and his 2 sons trying to protect young girl from the devil, and prevent end of the world. Some decent gore, action and cgi fx. Very nice production, and quite sad ending.

The Transporter - Decent action film, that definately need to be see, even though I was dissapointed in it. Great fighting scenes, Jason Staham does great job, but storyline in pretty bad, and full of holes. I still recommend it

Jason X - Sadly it was bad. Very bad. Few moments of good gore, and few funny gigs didnt helped it. I miss actions of Jason of old, where he prefered to use his machete, to his hands. And I hated all of the cast, I couldnt wait for them to die

Vampires Los Muertes - I have to report that follow up to John Carpenter's Vampires, didnt fare so well. Jon Bob Jovi is not very impressing as lead vampire hunter, and same can be said for the rest of the cast. The only redeeming value is a very good amount of blood and gore, as vampires wreak death to people around, but even that wasnt enough to overcome bad acting and week story which is pretty much a repetition of the original.

3. i haven't seen much on video/dvd, but i caught a few movies in theatres.

formula 51 - pretty good action movie; great directing and cinematography.

rules of attraction - great film-making, not-so-great film. still recommended, though.

ps - i didn't think memento's story was complex at all. it only seemed complex due to its presentation.

4. Still havent seen Trasporter, Nash? Tsk. Tsk

I will be getting 51st State(Formula 51) dvd this week. Will post my comments after I watch it

5. yeah,i still haven't. hopefully, i'll be able to see it on tuesday with dork knight. i wanted to see it on friday night, but my friend insisted that we see formula 51, so alas we saw formula 1. i don't regret it, though.

6. Hired? What the fuck...

7. Originally posted by Korly
    Hired? What the fuck...
    i think that means "rent."

8. oh.

Where the hell are you from Arjue?

9. Small list:

The Professional- I will NEVER tire of this movie!!!
    Amalie- I hear some say not so nice things about it....oh well.

and in theaters:

The Ring- Saw it twice over the weekend, may go see it again this coming weekend.
    And I still need to the: The Transporter
    "I see the world didn't end yesterday."

"Are you sure?"

10. Wag The Dog rocked! Watch it for fun, not just school!

I've sadly not watched a movie in over a month...