Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 1626282930

Thread: Official Contra Shattered Soldiers thread

1. Thanks guys - locking in place and using the flamethrower seemed to do the trick with those damn floating orbs. One step closer to reaching stage 5 on one life...

Satoshi Kon: 1963-2010

2. I got midway through stage 6 on one credit. Trouble is, I cant figure out how to avoid the relic human form's purple fireball attack. I'm not sure at all how to dodge the one when he's at the top of the screen. For when he's at the bottom, the best I figure is run backwards from about the middle of the screen, then when the first one reaches you, jump backwards and land between them so the second one will fly over you. Really tight timing.

Anyone have any better suggestions?

3. Originally posted by Yamcha
    Trouble is, I cant figure out how to avoid the relic human form's purple fireball attack. I'm not sure at all how to dodge the one when he's at the top of the screen. For when he's at the bottom, the best I figure is run backwards from about the middle of the screen, then when the first one reaches you, jump backwards and land between them so the second one will fly over you. Really tight timing.

Anyone have any better suggestions?
    Get to the other end of the screen as soon as you can identify the attack. It's easy when he comes to the bottom, since it's the only attack he does there. If he heads to the upper corners, though, he could do either that or one of his T-1000 arm attacks, so you'll have to hover in the middle of the screen until you can tell which, then move fast.

Then wait until he releases the second ball, and jump. I'd say "jump towards him", but it's actually more of straight jump and then push towards him on the downward arc. Play with it a little. The real key is being far away and waiting for the second ball. If you jump earlier, he'll adjust and the second one will catch you right in the mush.

For my money, the real problem on stage 6 is the cell form. Good luck on that.

-Dan

SCREW YOU ALL I'M READING POSTS INSTEAD OF STUDYING FOR MY FINAL! BLALEJRKLJGANB GODDAMN GAMER HABIT! I MUST AWAY TO PHILOSOPHIZE!
    Pete DeBoer's Tie
    There are no rules, only consequences.