Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cartoon Network can suck it

1. Cartoon Network can suck it

Yesterday they decided to play with the schedule like they always do (god damnit) and made me miss the climax to G Gundam. #@$#@ I hate them. They didn't even get the data out in time for the national channel listings, so my TiVo didn't record it.

Does anyone have this recorded or could tell me where to find this episode? Please.

2. Sounds like you might have to hit up IRC or KaZaa. Or you can e-mail CN's site and request them to replay it...

3. I watched the final two episodes and I honestly have to say: you didn't miss much. It got incredibly faggy to me at least.
    www.classic-games.net updated every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday.

4. G Gundam? That's the one with the animal gundams from the different countries right?

bleh. I went to a presentation by the director of that shlock. Really the only reason I went is because he did Giant Robo (and I love Giant Robo). But anyway... he said his team had a great story planned out for G Gundam, it was going to be the usual epic Gundam space battle thing. Well.. they went to pitch it to Bandai (the toy makers pretty much have the final say in the story, since it's their money that's financing the project), and Bandai said, "No. We don't want to hear it. We have our OWN treatment." And they told them to do what became the G Gundam you saw on CN. Even though it was rather successful over there (success was measured in how many toys the kiddies bought), the director never did another Gundam.

5. If you like the show, I guess I could see why. For me, though, the episode and bits I seen was sheer corn. When did G Gundam come out, anyways?
    pwned by Ivan

6. The series did turn into an incredible amount of power rangers cheese at the end, plus the whole love attack thing made me go -_-

I do still want to see the episode I spoke of, though. I guess I'll have to wait for it to come out on DVD so I can rent it.

7. Love attack?? They went that far with it? Hahaha... I remember the director saying they had to come up with some pretty crazy stuff just to stay original -- given the limits of the "story", they had to draw on silly cultural stereotypes and so forth. The clip he showed had a Dahlsim-style Gundam with extendable limbs. That had the whole room cracking up...

He also said he and the animators were just doing what Bandai told them to do -- they didn't care about it, they just wanted to get it over with so they could go on to something better...

8. I loved the final episode, with the love attack and rainbow smoke trails and horse and all that stuff and it still acted all serious and epic. Really, I loved it.
    Why are you reading this? go to your general settings and uncheck the Show Signatures box already!

9. i find G Gundum to be pretty good. one of the better gundum series i thought. I also enjoyed gundum 08th something, cant remember what it was called but i enjoyed the plot to that one.

10. ... Gundam is so lame...