Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: More Silent Hill movie news + MGS movie?

1. More Silent Hill movie news + MGS movie?

Here is more early information about the movie. Since things are so early, some of this could change. These answers come from Perry of Dark Aura Entertainment, the film company that will be producing the movie.

1. The film will be based closely on the 1st game

2.We almost definitely will be filming in the northeastern sector of the country, possibly Maine or upstate NY.

3.Rather than CGI we want to have animatronic creatures as opposed to fake looking monsters. We are going to be looking into Stan Winston studios. We love the work he has done from Pumpkinhead to Predator.

4.We have narrowed down only one cast member thus far, but are very excited to have her on board.

"Her" is a girl named Chyler Leigh. She was in "Not Another Teen Movie." She is set to play Lisa Garland. From looking at a picture of her, she looks like she could havethe right look for Lisa.

They still seem very hip on Johnny Depp playing Harry. He could be tied up with Ghost Rider at the time, thoguh.

Here is a "dream list" Perry presented for the cast:

Dr. Kaufman: Benicio Del Toro/Bill Pullman
    Cybil Bennet: Carrie Ann Moss
    Alessa Gilseppe: Lisa Marie
    Dahlia: Angelica Houston

Not sure Carrie Ann has the right look and atmosphere for Cybil, but you never know. And GOD DAMNIT... don't mention Bill Pullman if you aren't making him Harry. Nearly EVERY Silent Hill fan out there has said he should play Harry, so talking about him for a different role is a bit insulting. *heh*

As well, it seems that in order to get Silent Hill (which New Line was very keen on getting), Konami wanted to do a package deal with Metal Gear Solid. So, that indeed could be happening as well.
    WARNING: This post may contain violent and disturbing images.

2. Hrmm... I dunno. Seeing this picture:

Makes me think that maybe I could indeed see Depp as Harry.

3. If this is being filmed in upstate NY, then I'm going to go watch parts of it in action.
    It's a mirror image!

4. Yeah, I read the same news on Darkhorizons, couple days ago. I will be looking forward the movie. I love SH games, and I hope they would be able to move the creepiness, horror, and atmosphere of unseen evil to the screen. I dont know about Depp, he is good, but he doesnt remind me of Harry, but we will have to see on that.

5. Harry: Johnny Depp.
    Dr. Kaufman: Benicio Del Toro/Bill Pullman
    Cybil Bennet: Carrie Ann Moss
    Alessa Gilseppe: Lisa Marie
    Dahlia: Angelica Houston
    Harry.: Well, if anyone's ever seen "Nick of Time" you should know Depp's very capable of playing the role of the everyman. But, I dunno, for purposes of look and mannerisms, I think he looks a bit too 'wily' for the role, if anything, he should play Dr. Kaufman and Pullman should have the main character.

Dr. Kaufman: I could see Del Toro in the role, he can be silently menacing enough. But not Bill Pullman, the look just wouldn't be natural, if he and Depp get cast for the movie, there roles should be reversed.

Cybil: I could see Moss doing this role, I wonder if they'll let her do the role as a brunette, or if they'll have her bleach her hair or something to make it closer in shade to the game character's. She's tough and assertive enough for the role, and she certainly has the, err...build

Alessa: Lisa Marie Prestley? Well, I guess, but they oughta take a look at someone a bit younger perhaps. Isn't Lisa already pushing close to 40?

Dahlia: Angelica Huston could do the role. It'd be like a more twisted and evil version of her Addams Family character
    omg TNL epics!

6. Originally posted by Ragnarok the Red

Alessa: Lisa Marie Prestley? Well, I guess, but they oughta take a look at someone a bit younger perhaps. Isn't Lisa already pushing close to 40?
    I'm thinking that they CANNOT mean Prestley. That just wouldn't make any sense. What other Lisa Marie is there?

And, of course, TOTALLY agree on the Pullman issue. Damn, man, he just LOOKS like Harry. He NEEDS to be Harry!

zidane747 Guest

Re: More Silent Hill movie news + MGS movie?

Originally posted by shidoshi

As well, it seems that in order to get Silent Hill (which New Line was very keen on getting), Konami wanted to do a package deal with Metal Gear Solid. So, that indeed could be happening as well.

A MGS movie?! Hold on a sec..........*runs outside*...........HHHHHHHEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL YYYYYYYYEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ahem. Now, is this MGS movie a definite? Where did you get this info shidoshi? Thanks SO MUCH shidoshi!!

8. THey should definately get Kurt Russel to play Snake. I cant imagine anyone else in the role.

zidane747 Guest
    Hell yeah. Kurt Russell did a great Snake in Escape from LA/NY. Definitely him.

10. If there is a MGS movie, would Kojima have some hand in directing it?

And I think I have to agree that Kurt Russel would make a very good Snake.
    -Mullet Jockey-
    Check out my site!
    Eat. Sleep. Music.