Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: More Silent Hill movie news + MGS movie?

zidane747 Guest
    Originally posted by Seik
    If there is a MGS movie, would Kojima have some hand in directing it?

And I think I have to agree that Kurt Russel would make a very good Snake.

I would love to see Kurt play Snake. As for your question, Kojima has said that if there was a MGS movie, he would want the Wachowski Brothers(Matrix)directing it.

2. Originally posted by zidane747
    Hell yeah. Kurt Russell did a great Snake in Escape from LA/NY. Definitely him.
    Although if they DID get Kurt Russell, wouldn't alot of people outside the video game loop think the movie would be the third in the "Escape" series? Well, not like that'd necessarily be a bad thing. Would bring in more casual moviegoers that didn't know any better
    omg TNL epics!

3. Nah, I can't see Russell. Too old, and just doesn't have the look to me.

The name that I've seen tossed around for the role is the guy - Hugh Jackman (?) - who played Wolverine in the X-men movie. I think he wouldn't be too shabby in the role.
    WARNING: This post may contain violent and disturbing images.

4. I'm with Shidoshi on this one, Russel is getting a wee bit too old to play Solid Snake. I can't think of a sutible actor though. If he was maybe 10 years younger though, then yep... he'd be good!

~Mr. K~

5. How old is Russell now anyways?
    -Mullet Jockey-
    Check out my site!
    Eat. Sleep. Music.

6. Around 50, or little over. He still can look the part. In his older days he looked exactly like Snake. He was pretty good in Soldier as well(IMO)

7. I think the best choice for Snake would be Michael Beihn, of Terminator fame. He played Kyle Reese. If you look at the cover art for the very first Metal Gear, and look at Beihn, they look close to identicle. Since Snake has aged a bit and changed his overall look , and Beihn has aged a bit, I'm not so sure if this would be the greatest. But if this was 10 years ago...it would be perfect.

8. Damn Yeah. How could I forget about him. One of my favorite actors too. Shame on me

Michael Beihn will be perfect as well. Most of his carrer he spends playing these tough military guys, who can really kick ass. And he is not very old, just around mid 40s. He even would look good with a Mullet.

Originally posted by shidoshi

The name that I've seen tossed around for the role is the guy - Hugh Jackman (?) - who played Wolverine in the X-men movie. I think he wouldn't be too shabby in the role.
    He would do quite a bang up job I believe... my Girlfriend and I had this discussion right after we saw X-men.

10. Naaah. Jackman was good as Wolverin, but I dont see him as Snake at all.