Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12346 ... LastLast

Thread: Def Jam Vendetta *Official*

1. It'll be a hit-or-miss affair to be sure.
    matthewgood fan
    lupin III fan

2. Ugh, why is AKI reduced to this horrible licenced game? I'll probably give it a rental just because AKI rocks, but the whole concept of the game is just lame.

-Kevin
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Holliday View Post
    K3V is awesome!

3. AKI does a great job and Yukes could really learn a few things from these guys, the Smackdown games are horrid. But this license is really stupid. From all the screens I have seen all the wrestlers are Gang Bangers and such, does not really fit wrestling if you ask me. Why can't Capcom and AKI get together and make a Saturday Night Slam Masters/Muscle Bomber sequal?
    Barf! Barf! Barf!

4. Yukes doesn't have to learn anything from Aki, everything that Aki has done, Yukes has done in their Toukon Retsuden games.
    matthewgood fan
    lupin III fan

5. this game has no appeal to me what so ever souly on the def jam part. Its just to pathetic to even rent.

6. Even with AKI behind it...

No CAW = no sale

7. Originally posted by Jeremy
    Yukes doesn't have to learn anything from Aki, everything that Aki has done, Yukes has done in their Toukon Retsuden games.
    Horseshit.

8. Afraid not amigo.
    matthewgood fan
    lupin III fan

9. I LOVE all the EA Big games and this one looks to be just as good especially with the collaboration of those developers, but the only thing that gets me is the license.

It's not really that appealing to me, but hey if it turns out fun it's all good.

10. Originally posted by Jeremy
    Afraid not amigo.
    Which Toukon Retsuden game had PRIDE style shoot fighting matches, relpete with a point system and knockout rules? 'Cause VPW2 had 'em.

Who was the first developer to do a ladder match? And do it well? Yeah, that's right Aki. And, I would like to add, that no TR game has EVER had ladder match, and no other Yukes developed game has done a good job of implementing ladder match, becuase they make it WAY to hard to set the ladder up in the proper place.

Who had the cage match first, yukes, or Aki? Hell, which TR game had a cage match? I sure didn't see one.

TR never had any sort of weapons system (except in TR3, if you had a guy in a very specific spot out side the ring, with his back to the GR, and full groggy, you could pull a chair and hit him once, and then throw it back to the crowd). Aki, as far back as WCW vs nWo had a weapon system, which was refined to a big degree in Revenge, and perfected by WM2k. Smackdown had a weapons system, but obviously, WCW vs nWo came way before that.

Yukes implemented a KICK ASS story mode in Toukon Road : Brave sporots 2 for the N64 (which, since I see TR4 on DC as a dramatic step back, is the last true sequel in my eyes) and I don't think anyone else even came close until FPG. So, they've got Aki there.

Anyway Jeremy, which innovations were you talking about, specifically?