Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4678

Thread: Def Jam Vendetta *Official*

1. Yeah, I get a lot of "1st Combo" every now and then I get a 2nd part to it, but I never finish it.

2. Here are some that work with everyone...

Irish whip - running grapple

Irish whip - strong counter grapple - ground attack (stomp, not grapple)

For Spider, if you do his strong grapple with up and square (I forget what the move is called but I think its an iron claw or something) and then when they hit the ground you do his leg submission, it's the "Web Spinner Combo" or some shit.

Combos give you more money, and more momentemum (sp) so they're important.

3. Who was the first developer to do a ladder match? And do it well? Yeah,
    that's right Aki. And, I would like to add, that no TR game has EVER had ladder match, and no other Yukes developed game has done a good job of implementing ladder match, becuase they make it WAY to hard to set the ladder up in the proper place.
    And how often do you ever see a ladder match in New Japan Pro Wrestling? What would be the point of Yukes putting in a ladder match if they want the game to relate to NJPW?

Which Toukon Retsuden game had PRIDE style shoot fighting matches, relpete with a point system and knockout rules? 'Cause VPW2 had 'em.
    If I'm not mistaken Fire Pro had them before VPW2.

TR never had any sort of weapons system (except in TR3, if you had a guy in a very specific spot out side the ring, with his back to the GR, and full groggy, you could pull a chair and hit him once, and then throw it back to the crowd). Aki, as far back as WCW vs nWo had a weapon system, which was refined to a big degree in Revenge, and perfected by WM2k. Smackdown had a weapons system, but obviously, WCW vs nWo came way before that.
    Once again, I do believe Fire Pro had it before both of them, so it's not like Aki is doing something new here.

Yukes did bring a lot to the table, But it seems like you won't acknowledge that. They did a lot of technical stuff, like when you grab the ropes while in the submission, they'll give you those 3-5 seconds to release or your DQed, just like in real life. Hell, it's not in Smackdown, but it's in Power Move Pro Wrestling, which they are responsible for making. Also it seems like your gimmick match crazy and as you should know New Japan Pro Wrestling didn't at the time use all those damn gimmick matches (Ladder, Cage, etc.) and was based off more pure wrestling.

Which TR game had finishers? TR had "gold combos", which was the closest they got to finishers. How come you couldn't steal your opponents finishers in any TR games? How come in Smackdown 4, you can steal a finisher, but you can't steal their taunts?
    That's because in Japan and NJPW, there isn't really a "true" finisher, because it's possible that you need more the one major move to pull of a victory, rather then one simple move. Also, why is it important if you can steal a taunt or finisher, to me it's stupid anyway and doesn't help improve the game.

Which TR game allows you to edit the name and appearance of the non-created characters in the game? When Glaicer became "Coach Buzz Stern" on WCW Television I was able to change him in Revenge to match that. When Val Venis joined Right to Censor in WWE/F, I was able to change him in No Mercy. Etc. Etc.
    Mainly, because there wasn't often changes to gimmick in Japan compared to how it is in America when there are often gimmmick changes and such. You are basically comparing 2 different types of wrestling and saying why one doesn't have something the other has. That's like comparing Giant Gram 2000 for the DC to WWF Wrestlemania: The Arcade Game for the PSX. Both are aiming for something different.

4. Wahoo, thanks for the backup, MMX.
    matthewgood fan
    lupin III fan

5. Powermove Pro Wrestling actually did the whole rope thing or else you're DQed first. Who developed powermove, anyway?

AKI's engine is quality above all else, which is why it is so revered. But I haven't played Kings of the Coleseum, so....
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

6. Power Move was the U.S. adaptation of the first Toukon Retsuden game. It was released in the U.S. at about the time that Toukon Retsuden 2 was released in Japan. It was developed by Yukes, with Activision doing some changes to it. My review of it goes into all sorts of detail about this, and some unique packaging changes that had to be made in later runs of the game.
    My review of Power Move Pro Wrestling
    My review of Toukon Retsuden
    matthewgood fan
    lupin III fan

7. I got the game last night, working on beating it for the 4th time... It takes some time, but it's well worth it. Id on't like the 4 seperate profiles for 4 player mode though... thank goodness for the codes in that case.
    Check out my blog: ExHardcoreGamer.com