Thread: PlayStation2 Greatest Hits Box Art

1. PlayStation2 Greatest Hits Box Art

Goodbye Green, Hello Red!

For those looking to pick up some of the PlayStation2's new line of Greatest Hits titles, but are stumped on how they look..don't worry, we have you covered. Instead of the Lime Green bar like on the PlayStation games, Sony decided to go a different way and made the bar Red.

The official list of Greatest Hits titles are: Gran Turismo 3: A-Spec, ATV Offroad Fury, Dark Cloud, Twisted Metal: Black, and Red Faction (Not Included).

Source: IGN

2. I didn't buy Greatest Hits for PSX, and I won't buy these.

God I hate rereleases. Good for everybody else, bad for collectors...

3. I 2nd that. Yucky repackaging...

4. I have no objections to buying rereleases, the game still plays the same.

But that packaging is weak, the half circle area where it says greatest hits takes up too much room on the cover. They should have just had the red stripe and fit "greatest hits" in that bar somehow. the half circle also reminds me of the dreamcast cover designs, I dont kow if thats good or bad

The design isnt obnoxiously bad but it certainly doesn't add anything to the original art.

5. Thats some ugly packaging there. At least you can tell its a greatest hit...I guess.
    -Mullet Jockey-
    Check out my site!
    Eat. Sleep. Music.

6. I already got GT3 A-spec, and could care less for the other 4 games. Even though I could use a new booklet for GT3, since coffee got all over mine.

7. Originally posted by cka
    I already got GT3 A-spec, and could care less for the other 4 games. Even though I could use a new booklet for GT3, since coffee got all over mine.
    Coffee? LOL!! :jest:

Heh...I spilled some stuff on my ol' Tobal 2 book and I talked my friend into giving me his copy. Luckily, he was generous to exchange!

...and yes, those box art covers are ugly. Even tho I like red.

8. its not that bad...i rather have this than that ugly green crap on the side. i also wonder if they added the "GH" symbol or something on the gamedisk itself as well as the red bar on the manual