Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Riki-Oh: The Story of Rickey

1. Riki-Oh: The Story of Rickey

I know Im not the only one who has seen this amazing kung-fu film set in a horrible Chinese prison. Here's the IMDB writeup on this film. If youve never seen it, check it out. Its a total cult classic, awesome film really.

Discussion commence!

2. I have heard it is extremely gory and has over the top violence. Therefore, it is in my genes to find and watch this film.

3. such a piece of shit. sorry, but i really wanted to like it too.

4. I saw it when I was in 8th grade.

I fuckin loved it..probably because it was during the same time as the Mortal Kombat era, Ricky reminded me of Liu Kang for some reason.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ex Ranza View Post
    Halverson had me totally convinced of Cybermorph's greatness, I'll tell you that much.

Then I got a Jag, took it home, and something seemed... not right.

5. Damned funny movie... I own the DVD.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

I love it. Especially the end where everyone is running in place in slow motion.

7. I've read quite a bit about it, still haven't seen it though. The mentioning of the "sadistic warden who keeps mints in his fake eye" in various reviews always gets me laughing.

8. the fat kid annoyed the fuck out of me. and i find it amazing that riki can use a simple leaf as a flute. i tried it once and i got jack shit to happen just like the dude with no tongue.

9. Great movie I analyzed for a film class i took back in high school I still watch each every few months to get my ridiculous gore fill.
    Check out my blog: ExHardcoreGamer.com

10. i just showed this to my friends last week, they all thought it was funny. It's really slow most of the time, but the over the top gore is hilarious. Watch straight through once, FF to the good scenes the rest of the time.