Thread: Hyperspace Hopping, Next-Gen Style

1. Hyperspace Hopping, Next-Gen Style

Thought you already saved that planet? Well, it looks like the <b><i>Defender</i></b> saga isn't over yet. The latest installment of one of the most beloved, and most profitable, arcade series of all-time is now available for the GameCube and Xbox, following its PlayStation 2 debut last month. There's also a Game Boy Advance version coming out November 7. With heavy-hitters like <i>Stargate</i> and <i>Robotron 2084</i> in its pedigree, this is a pretty distinguished release.

<i>Defender</i> incorporates more strategy into its action this time around. The expansive 3D worlds can be protected in either single-player or co-operative modes, utilizing a wide range of weaponry. In addition to piloting a ship, you will position ground defenses and allocate troops.

The console games will feature voice acting by Traci Lords and music by KMFDM and Trigger. The Xbox and Cube versions will also feature an exclusive level, making-of features, and interviews with some of the creators of both the new episode and the original. The handheld game will include an arcade-perfect rendition of the 1980 smash so you sucklings can get a taste of what the day was like. (Although, the original had about eight buttons, didn't it? Of course, the Atari 2600 version made do with just one bright orange button.)

2. mmmm... traci lords is sure getting around.

I loved KMFDM from the mortal kombat soundtrack, so I'm hoping it'll mix well with the game. Good stuff indeedy!
    don't wanna tangle with you, I'd rather tangle with him.
    I think I'm gonna bash his head in...