Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A Whole Bunch Of Sonic

1. A Whole Bunch Of Sonic

You may now begin marking the days, for those who are looking for some old-school Sonic action. On November 12th, Sonic Mega Collection comes to GameCube, sporting seven Genesis games focused on a little blue hedgehog. Coming equipped with original art, the complete comic book collection, hundreds of unlockable goodies, and a few more surprises, the initial selection of games is as follows:
    • Sonic the Hedgehog
      Sonic the Hedgehog 2
      Sonic the Hedgehog 3
      Sonic & Knuckles
      Sonic 3D Blast
      Sonic the Hedgehog Spinball
      Dr. Robotnick's Mean Bean Machine

2. MSRP?

3. Only $39.99.

4. Is it true that Ristar is unlockable? That's one of my all time favorite games, and according to EBworld Ristar and Flicky are unlockable

5. The 4 core Sonic games I already have, and I don't give a shit about the others. Meh...

6. It's really a crime that they didn't include Sonic CD, Sonic R, some Game Gear Sonics maybe, ect. If it's called mega collection don't leave out some of the best games. I'll buy it anyway if it has Ristar though.

7. I'm suprised people and magazines are willing to praise Mario Advance XX: Mario Paint Edition but when Sega releases 12 games at a cheap price, with a lot of extras, and on a console, people can't get over the fact that little ol' Sonic CD isn't included. And then they get their panties in further twists when they just know Sega would've used the American soundtrack.

8. I for one also hate this trend of releasing old SNES games as is on GBA for full price. It makes me feel like an idiot to even consider paying full price for a port of a 10 year old game just because it's on GBA.

9. I haven't bought one Mario rerelease, and never will.

10. I'm only getting this if they get the games to play right. The Smash Pack on the DC was riddled with sound emulation problems, very annoying.