Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Shinobi Sequal/Movie

1. Shinobi Sequal/Movie

According to the Hollywood Reporter, Mindfire Entertainment--the studio currently working on the House of the Dead movie due out next summer--has acquired the movie and television rights to Sega's Shinobi franchise. The Shinobi movie is planned to have a $40 million budget and to be released in the summer of 2004. The script is currently in development.
    The report mentions that Sega is starting to work on a PS2 sequel to Shinobi and that Mindfire is working closely with the developers so that the movie and sequel's stories work together.

The Shinobi PlayStation 2 game is scheduled for a US release next week. For more details, check out our previous coverage of the game.

meh. posted this for the fans of the new Shinobi here,

2. I like shinobi but what if the movie is crap and turns off new fans to the character? Future shinobi games are at risk of being shunned forever like what happened with Contra when Contra Legacy of war stopped people from trusting the Contra name?

3. ... same company making the House of the Dead movie...

this is not looking good...

4. I don't think it is good to make ninjas famous. Do you think a cold blooded assasin is going to be as recognised as lara croft?

Although I did like those ninjas in Blade 2. I think they should try to make the movie like that. (did anyone think the female ninja looked a little like Taki from Soul Calibur? )

5. sounds like the next shinobi game will be average at best

6. "It's Japanese for Ninja! Erm... I mean..."

7. Originally posted by MechDeus
    "It's Japanese for Ninja! Erm... I mean..."

8. Why don't they spend that $40 million on a new Shinobi game instead?

9. At least it has a good budget.

10. Some games just don't need a movie spinoff.