Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I think I found the most frustrating part in Sunshine.... O_o

1. I think I found the most frustrating part in Sunshine.... O_o

I still haven't beat Sunshine (which I need to do before Prime and Fusion are released, heh...), I have about 1 or 2 more action levels to go. I've been trying to find a lot of the extra shines and secret shine obstacle courses, most of which rock...except for the sewer course in the sky. You know, the one with the lily pads and you have to use your water cannon to move the pad and get the red coins. And just to get to the stupid stage, you have to carefully take Yoshi on three boat rides all while keeping his fruit meter up and not accidentally jumping into the water. Just thought I'd vent on how annoying this all is. Still fun in an old school frustrating way though. Time for an Ikaruga break.

2. All you gotta do is if you miss the red coins, jump onto one of the narrow sides and walk back to the beginning and hop on the leaf again and pick up the ones you missed. I thought getting there with Yoshi was really easy though.

3. I also did what Doug did. It's not that hard, but getting there has got to be one of the most poorly designed things I've seen in a video game all year. I made it to that little island with Yoshi once, I melted the barrier, but instead of going into the pipe, I got the hidden shine, but, when you do that, the covering on the pipe remains, even if you melted it before getting the shine.

When I saw this, I said, "Fuck you Miyamoto, I'm not doing this shit again", and I used the underwater glitch to get to the island with Yoshi.

4. Do I have some amazing skill with Yoshi or something cause getting to the island with him was easy as hell, it was just dull actually doing it.

5. I HATE that lilly pad stage! I tried it about 20 times and decided it wasn't worth a new Wavebird controller. It remains unfinished to this day.

6. Originally posted by Doug Branches
    Do I have some amazing skill with Yoshi or something cause getting to the island with him was easy as hell, it was just dull actually doing it.
    Yeah, I agree...it wasn't hard, just tedious. I wouldn't have griped about that level so much if it wasn't boring getting there and extremely buggy after I arrived. Twice the lily pad hit the wall and caused the game to drop just enough frames to let the pad float through the wall and off in to the sky. Another time it hit the wall and left mario standing at the place it collided while the pad kept on moving. I also got all the coins in one run, then tried to jump onto the platform at the end, only to see mario's pass through the platform and die. Easily a nominee for worst mario stage ever...

7. Originally posted by Doug Branches
    All you gotta do is if you miss the red coins, jump onto one of the narrow sides and walk back to the beginning and hop on the leaf again and pick up the ones you missed. I thought getting there with Yoshi was really easy though.
    Holy crap! I didn't know about this! O_O Thanks!
    Name: Rock
    Town: Arcadia

8. Hey:

I fucking hated the one where you have to hop on three boats with Yoshi to open up the pipe on the little island, and once you go in you can't screw up or it will spit you back out. After that, I haven't touched the game since.

-Technosphile

9. Originally posted by Regus
    I also did what Doug did. It's not that hard, but getting there has got to be one of the most poorly designed things I've seen in a video game all year. I made it to that little island with Yoshi once, I melted the barrier, but instead of going into the pipe, I got the hidden shine, but, when you do that, the covering on the pipe remains, even if you melted it before getting the shine.

When I saw this, I said, "Fuck you Miyamoto, I'm not doing this shit again", and I used the underwater glitch to get to the island with Yoshi.
    Underwater glitch?
    Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan View Post
    Careful. We're talking about games here. Fun isn't part of it.

10. We all found the most frustrating thing from day one, the camera. To this day it baffles me as to why they didn't just use the Mario 64 camera set up. even if it isn't considered the best camera ever(even though I think it is) it is still leagues ahead of Sunshine's camera.
    On the wife's PC.