Page 1 of 14 1235 ... LastLast

Thread: Hunting...

1. Hunting...

I was flipping through the channels yesterday and came across some hunting show on ESPN. It was some guy and a woman, dressed in full camo (including masks) hiding in a bush. The girl had a shotgun and the guy had a turkey call, and the excitement of the episide consisted up the guy working the turkey call for about 20 minutes while they just sat motionless. That's it- "wak, wak, gobble....wak, wak, gobble....wak, wak, gobble...wak, wak, gobble....". Finally, after 2 years, a dangerous, evil turkey poked it's head out of the bushes, and promptly had it blown off its body by the brave hunters hiding 100 feet away. The walked up to inspect the corpse, all happy after the thrill of the hunt. "Aww, that's a pretty bird" remarked the guy. "Yeah, it is" smiled the girl, who kneeled down to gently stroke the dead bird's feathers.

I can't stand people like this. I can't think of a "sport" I detest more than hunting. Hunters aren't tough or rugged, they're pussies that hide in bushes and shoot harmless animals like rabbits and dear and turkeys in the back and mount their heads on their walls like they overcame some big fucking challenge. You want to impress me? Fight a bear with a knife. Then I'll be impressed.

Oh, and I do like guns, but only shooting them at cop cars, like I'm doing in my avatar.

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

2. My grandfather is a hunter and one of the people I respect most. You've dishonored him and insulted me.

He hunts because he enjoys it and it's one of the ways he puts food on his table. What is so wrong with this is beyond me.
    bastard of the new world order.

3. Well, it's nothing personal. You're a good guy and all, so I'm sorry if I've insulted you or your Uncle. I just like animals and was just pissed after watching that show. But maybe I was a bit harsh by calling it the "Sport of Idiots"...

Seriously, though, I can't understand killing defenseless creatures being called a sport. And the arguement of "eating what you kill" is bs when you can go to a supermarket and buy what you need.

Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

I've never been a fan of hunting animals. But, to each their own I suppose.

5. Grandfather, Dolemite. Not Uncle. Insult any Uncle of mine that you want. Doesn't bother me; they're all bizarre. In fact, please insult any of them. They deserve it.

And I like animals, too. I can't kill anything. I break for squirrels and mice, even.

6. It's not supposed to be a competitive sport between the animal and the person, jackass.

The 'sport' is the difficulty of hitting a target and trying to kill it cleanly (I think, I've never hunted). "Eating what you kill" is more about not wasting good food, than actually having to hunt animals for food. And, shit, if you were a turkey, wouldn't you rather be slain in the wild by a hunter than killed by some farmer?

Now, some hunters pay a lot of money to go on an organized tour where a bunch of hands get some old, myopic 'dangerous' animal together for the killing. The hunter's hoping to convey to everyone how courageous he is for killing a lion or a rhino or something. That's kind of stupid, I think.

Of course, everyone could just go to the supermarket. Though, of course, everyone could just eat leafy vegetables, and keep farms from slaughtering cows for our hamburgers. Still, we're not going to do that, the option's stupid.

Why do you think the hunters are trying to impress you, anyways?

7. Whoops, Grandfather. Sorry! I really didn't mean to piss ya off, I was just speaking my mind. We cool?

And your Uncle's a crossdresser.

8. Quite alright, don't worry about it.

And he's a hopeless drunk, so you're probably right.

9. I'm reminded of Stan's uncle (?) from South Park for some reason. WATCH OUT IT'S A FEROCIOUS RABBIT!

::takes out a rocket launcher and blasts it to dust::

Name: Rock
    Town: Arcadia

10. Originally posted by Stone
    It's not supposed to be a competitive sport between the animal and the person, jackass.
    No shit, asshole. I never said it was. The animal is just the unfortunate victim.

The 'sport' is the difficulty of hitting a target and trying to kill it cleanly (I think, I've never hunted).
    I can understand the marksmanship aspect, but why can't they shoot at someting NONLIVING, then? And if you're never hunted, then what the fuck are you getting offended by?

"Eating what you kill" is more about not wasting good food, than actually having to hunt animals for food. And, shit, if you were a turkey, wouldn't you rather be slain in the wild by a hunter than killed by some farmer?
    Well, if they're gonna shoot the thing, they might as well eat it. I'm just saying that they don't have to shoot it to begin with. Where does the satisifaction come from in taking a life?

Now, some hunters pay a lot of money to go on an organized tour where a bunch of hands get some old, myopic 'dangerous' animal together for the killing. The hunter's hoping to convey to everyone how courageous he is for killing a lion or a rhino or something. That's kind of stupid, I think.
    Really kind of stupid, yes.

Of course, everyone could just go to the supermarket. Though, of course, everyone could just eat leafy vegetables, and keep farms from slaughtering cows for our hamburgers. Still, we're not going to do that, the option's stupid.
    Hey, I'm all for eating meat. I love it. I'm sure it contradicts my feeling against hunting, but the meat industry alreadys kills more than enough animals to serve our needs. There's no reason to add more.

Why do you think the hunters are trying to impress you, anyways?
    Why else would some of them like to mount the heads of their kills on a wall? Does the word "trophy" mean anything to you? That's the worse kind of hunter, IMO. The guys that do it to put food on the table I find much less offensive, though I still don't approve. But to each his own.