Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 10121314

Thread: Hunting...

1. Originally posted by Strider Adragon
    I applied for a hunting license in South Park, CO (it's a county, though I live in the town that the show's based off, sadly. Can't wait to get back east, I hate living out in the middle of nowhere). Anyways, I didn't get it when I told then I wanted to hunt bucks with a katana, mostly to prove a point (and to poke fun at the people out here who inhabit my *wonderful* little village).

Wildlife/Game Officer: "No."
    Me: "Why the hell not?"
    Wildlife/Game Officer: "It's not humane for the animal."
    Me: "What? Man, those bucks got lots of big pointy horns to impale my skinny ass with. How is it humane to shoot a deer from 500 feet away and not give it a fighting chance? A load of bull, if ya ask me. At least this way, it's more of a sport than drinking beer carrying a loaded rifle. Totally competitive, human vs. nature thing."
    W/GO: "Leave my office and never come back."

I can't wait to get back to a city where I don't have to drive a 2 hour round trip just to go to the grocery store. This fending for myself in the wild stuff sucks the big one.
    If you're serious about trying to get a license to hunt buck with a katana, well...despite my anti-hunting status...hell, I think that's kinda okay. Insane, but okay. Certainly more ballsy than sniping a possum with a rifle from 300 feet. Would you hunt bear with a katana? Then I'd really be impressed.

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

2. So you've changed your stance, then? You want hunters to be "ballsy" instead of killing their prey quickly.

Ever see the video where the buck whitetail is attacking the hunter? The thing had huge antlers, and it kept tackling the guy for about 5 minutes. I don't think he was injured too badly, but that's definitely one of the coolest videos ever.

3. I remember the night that was first shown on Fox

4. Originally posted by Dolemite
    If you're serious about trying to get a license to hunt buck with a katana, well...despite my anti-hunting status...hell, I think that's kinda okay. Insane, but okay. Certainly more ballsy than sniping a possum with a rifle from 300 feet. Would you hunt bear with a katana? Then I'd really be impressed.
    Sure I'd hunt a bear with a katana. Might not live through it, but yeah, that'd definatly be a nice turn of the tables. It'd totally give the animal a chance then.
    The only differance between suicide and martyrdom is press coverage.

http://www.FreeGamingSystems.com/?r=16372652 Help me get my XBox and I'll send you $5. PM me for details.

5. I don't even think having a katana is fair. Should be 1 on 1, bare knuckle style.

6. If hunting was fair and there was a chance that they would be killed instead I don't think too many people would hunt would they

7. Originally posted by andyrose
    So you've changed your stance, then? You want hunters to be "ballsy" instead of killing their prey quickly.
    Here it goes, I'm going to say it for the millionth time: READ THE WHOLE THREAD BEFORE POSTING. If you'll go to the trouble of reading my very first post in this thread, you'll see that my stance hasn't changed at all. Thank you.

Besides, while I still don't approve, at least hunting with a blade gives the critter a chance, and is more in line with the spirit of acient hunters, who (unlike hunters today), actually needed to hunt to eat. And if you CAN finish off a bear with a blade...well, that's bad-ass. I guess you derserve it, then.

And yeah, I saw that video. Really fucked up. And cool, like you said.

Originally posted by Master
    I don't even think having a katana is fair. Should be 1 on 1, bare knuckle style.
    Do you know anyone short of Zangief that can take a bear on bare handed?

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

8. Besides, while I still don't approve, at least hunting with a blade gives the critter a chance, and is more in line with the spirit of acient hunters, who (unlike hunters today), actually needed to hunt to eat. And if you CAN finish off a bear with a blade...well, that's bad-ass. I guess you derserve it, then.
    I think they used booby traps alot.