Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: $5 coupon for Shinobi in the new OPM...

1. $5 coupon for Shinobi in the new OPM...

The coupon's for Best Buy, valid through 2/1/03. Just thought I'd pass it on.

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

2. Cool, I will check it out Too bad Best Buy gets games later than EB and GameStop.

3. True. But sometimes the "big" releases show up on the same day. Hopefully Best Buy will think Shinobi is a "big" release...

Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

4. I've never read OPM, is it worth it to just pick up the mag so that I can score a demo disc and $5 off Shinobi? Maybe I should rent Shinobi first before deciding if I'm going to buy it.
    Name: Rock
    Town: Arcadia

5. Well, the mag itself is decent. The demo disc this month isn't that great- the only notable demos (to me) are Suikoden III and Tonk Hawk 4. The demo of Primal showcased mindblowing grahics and boobie-jiggle physics, but it's over in litterally 30 seconds. There's a nice behind the scenes piece on RAD, too. The mag itself has a nice article on Shinobi. However, I'm ashamed to say, I didn't actually buy the issue, I just cut out the coupon.

As for Shinobi, I'm really looking forward to it, but the reviews are coming out now, and they ALL say the same thing: The second half of the game is impossibly hard. Really impossibly hard. And it's not because of the controls, since all the reviews say they're perfect. Actually, all of the reviews I read loved the game, but hated how stupidly difficult it got. Me, I love challenging games. I just hope it doesn't get TOO hard...

OPM is typical fanboy crap although not to the disgusting extent of OXBM. I only buy it if it has a good demo disc.

And I wish magazines would have coupons valid in Canada.

7. Originally posted by Dolemite
    Well, the mag itself is decent. The demo disc this month isn't that great- the only notable demos (to me) are Suikoden III and Tonk Hawk 4. The demo of Primal showcased mindblowing grahics and boobie-jiggle physics, but it's over in litterally 30 seconds. There's a nice behind the scenes piece on RAD, too. The mag itself has a nice article on Shinobi. However, I'm ashamed to say, I didn't actually buy the issue, I just cut out the coupon. :embarassed:

As for Shinobi, I'm really looking forward to it, but the reviews are coming out now, and they ALL say the same thing: The second half of the game is impossibly hard. Really impossibly hard. And it's not because of the controls, since all the reviews say they're perfect. Actually, all of the reviews I read loved the game, but hated how stupidly difficult it got. Me, I love challenging games. I just hope it doesn't get TOO hard...
    Thanks for the impressions, I don't mind if Shinobi is hard, from what I've played of the past Shinobi's, I never thought they were easy to begin with. Perhaps they are saying the game is hard by today's mainstream standards, when it is not much harder than the original Genesis games?

Sounds like I'll pass on the mag though, I can pretty much find most info like that from other magazines or online.

Did you go to a bookstore and clip it out or something?
    Name: Rock
    Town: Arcadia

8. Originally posted by SearchManX
    Thanks for the impressions, I don't mind if Shinobi is hard, from what I've played of the past Shinobi's, I never thought they were easy to begin with. Perhaps they are saying the game is hard by today's mainstream standards, when it is not much harder than the original Genesis games?
    That's probably it. Most mainstream games nowadays are too damn easy. I rented Bloodrayne the other night, and while I'm enjoying it, Rayne can tear through Nazi's like a hot knike through butter. It's not very challenging. I could use an old-shool, difficult game for once...

Did you go to a bookstore and clip it out or something?
    Yup! I love bookstores nowadays- they let you just sit and read anything as long as you want. It's a wonder they make any money. Their coffee bars must pay their rent.

9. Originally posted by NeoZeedeater
    OPM is typical fanboy crap although not to the disgusting extent of OXBM. I only buy it if it has a good demo disc.
    That's not really true - yes, they're PS specific, but what else would their audience expect? But they give respect to the Dreamcast (heck, they even have a monthly article called Dream Cast) and other systems on occasion, and their reviews aren't biased. If you want fanboy crap, PSM is usually the place.
    -Kyo

I like OPM. I actually paid for a subscription.