Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Sony Censors BMX XXX

1. Sony Censors BMX XXX

GLEN COVE, N.Y.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Nov. 4, 2002--The official countdown for the launch of this year's most talked about video games has begun, as AKA Acclaim, a division of Acclaim Entertainment, Inc. (NASDAQ.SC: AKLM), today announced that its eagerly anticipated release, BMX XXX, will launch on November 15 for the PlayStation®2 computer entertainment system. <b>Only this version of the game has been edited to eliminate the topless nudity.</b>

http://biz.yahoo.com/bw/021104/42160_1.html

I'm hearing no buzz on this game any longer. I went to my EB on Friday and asked if the game is getting strong pre-orders. I was told frankly, "no." They said they have only one pre-order, as compared to 170 for Vice City.

I know some of you people here work for EB, GameStop, etc. Can you tell me whether you've gotten strong pre-orders at the stores you work for?
    Praying for a Cosmic Fantasy Collection for PS2, Xbox and GameCube.

2. Heh.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

3. Hmmm... now look at the attention it gets based on the actual game...
    Oh, look... NONE.

4. So, I can carjack people, run them down, kill them with chainsaws, hammers, meat clevers and various guns with blood splattering all over the screen. I can do just about anything my warped mind comes up with, and this is ok. But the moment "topless females" come into play, somethings "wrong". Pathetic. I'm all for extreme violence in games, but I fail to see how "toples nudity" is "worse".

As for the actual game, it's by Z Axis, so I've got high hopes for it, regardless of the "bad" content. I will be getting the xbox version. No way in hell will I support censorship.

5. Originally posted by UndeadKing
    So, I can carjack people, run them down, kill them with chainsaws, hammers, meat clevers and various guns with blood splattering all over the screen. I can do just about anything my warped mind comes up with, and this is ok. But the moment "topless females" come into play, somethings "wrong". Pathetic. I'm all for extreme violence in games, but I fail to see how "toples nudity" is "worse".

Have you ever watched TV? That's the hypocritical American double standard... Violence is fine, but nudity? Well that would just corrupt all the hapless children.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

6. PS2=Kiddie Console now, right?

-Kevin
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Holliday View Post
    K3V is awesome!

7. I bet this will turn into a Genesis/SNES Mortal Kombat thing.

Go to www.acclaim.com and check out the two trailers for the game - funny and disturbing at the same time. I'll never play the game, but Undead King, enjoy it

I wonder how many copies of the PS2 version will be returned because the kiddies couldn't see "teh booberz"? The EB guys will say "Teh Xbox version has teh booberz!" and system sales will skyrocket!

- Kabuki

If thats what it takes to get the Xbox into the homes of you infidels, then so be it.

9. How ironic that Sony, the company that bought the 5 year (?) exclusive rights to the GTA series is the one censoring BMX XXX when Nintendo (the family company) has no plans for an edited GC version.
    Name: Rock
    Town: Arcadia

10. Originally posted by UndeadKing
    So, I can carjack people, run them down, kill them with chainsaws, hammers, meat clevers and various guns with blood splattering all over the screen. I can do just about anything my warped mind comes up with, and this is ok. But the moment "topless females" come into play, somethings "wrong". Pathetic. I'm all for extreme violence in games, but I fail to see how "toples nudity" is "worse".
    So damned true that it's not even funny.