Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: All anime cable channel?

1. All anime cable channel?

From animeondvd-

All-anime Cable Network? (03:30 PM EST): It's been talked about in circles for years now, but according to Steven Lin of the Anime Con Mailing List, it's about to happen. While in attendance at the ADV Films 10th anniversary party this past weekend, John Ledford announced that ADV has just made arrangements to have a 24 hour All anime Cable channel. When contacted, ADV's David Williams indicated that a press release will be forthcoming.

Late night Evangelion, anyone?
    pwned by Ivan

2. ADV has a fine lineup, I just hope it isn't the ADV only channel. I also hope they have showings in subtitled versions as well...
    pwned by Ivan

3. Well, It would be interesting. But I wonder if I will enjoy majority of the shows that they might be covering, since I mostly like darker, and violent stuff.

4. It's probably going to be all English dubbed stuff. Blech.

You fuckers are so quick to complain...

Just be happy that something cool like this is happening.

6. Originally posted by ChaoofNee
    Bet it's satelite only...
    Grr...
    Now I got myself mad prematurely!
    *THWAP*

They said CABLE. Not satellite. CABLE.

Anyway.. this is pretty cool. Now we know why nothing ADV has shown up on Cartoon Net. Seeing as ADV can indeed play nice with other companies (as shown by Newtype USA, which they run), we should see alot of other company's stuff on this channel.

7. *large bump with cross-shaped bandage appears on head. eyes are replaced by swirls*
    B-baka ne...

8. I have this idea....they air the shows in English for those that want it, but those that prefer the JP voices can simply set their TVs to the SAP(secondary audio program) mode and add captions. Best of both worlds.

Of course, this doesn't have a rat's chance in hell of happening, but it's a cool thought nonetheless.